PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early May and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
As part of Warner Bros.’ 90th Anniversary Celebration, La-La Land Records and Warner Bros. present the world premiere release of composer Robert Folk’s (CAN’T BUY ME LOVE, TOY SOLDIERS, ACE VENTURA 2: WHEN NATURE CALLS) original score to the 1984 comedy smash POLICE ACADEMY, starring Steve Guttenberg, George Gaynes, Kim Cattrall and G.W. Bailey, and directed by Hugh Wilson. Composer Folk’s military-march-infused score finds the perfect blend of broad comedy, urban action and endearing character to expertly support what would become an indelible 80’s comedy classic. In the process, Folk created one of cinema’s most enduring main themes! Produced by Robert Folk, Matt Verboys and Neil S. Bulk and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this special limited release of 3000 units features the bonus track “El Bimbo,” performed by Jean-Marc Dompierre and His Orchestra (used in legendary fashion for the film’s Blue Oyster Bar), and in-depth, exclusive liner notes by film music writer Daniel Schweiger, which include comments from the film’s composer, producer and director. David Fein’s art design salutes the new recruits! Commandant Lassard agrees, “This is a very, very, very wonderful score, which you will enjoy many, many, many times over!”
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
1. Main Title/Night Rounds 1:52
2. Rounds Resume/Tackleberry 1:10
3. Barbara :51
4. Join Up 1:10
5. The Academy 1:16
6. Recruits 1:54
7. Pussycat/Uniforms 1:56
8. Assignment 1:20
9. Formation/Move Out 3:26
10. Obstacles 2:15
11. Martin and Company :46
12. Ball Games :27
13. More Martin :28
14. Regrets 1:05
15. Guns/In Drag 4:01
16. Warpath :28
17. Improvement 1:15
18. Jam Up :42
19. Hightower Drive 1:37
20. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town :40
Written by J. Fred Coots, Haven Gillespie
Larry Spier Music LLC obo Haven Gillespie Music Pub
(ASCAP)/EMI Feist Catalog Inc. (ASCAP)
21. Need to Talk/Hightower Leaves 1:16
22. Riot Starts 1:25
23. Riot Gear 2:42
24. SOB :32
25. Match 1:44
26. Where’s Harris? 2:40
27. Straighten Up 1:26
28. Police Academy March 1:06
29. El Bimbo 1:49
Music by: Claude Morgan
© 1974 Editions Sugarmusic France – Paris
Performed by Jean-Marc Dompierre and His Orchestra
Courtesy of Arthur Young Enterprises, Inc.
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 44:14