PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of February 24, 2017 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Original soundtrack to the 2016 motion picture. Composed by Kim Allen Kluge and Kathryn Kluge, the music is very atmospheric. The historical drama film directed by Martin Scorsese and written by Jay Cocks and Scorsese, based upon the 1966 novel of the same name by the Japanese author Shusaku End. The film was shot entirely in Taipei, Taiwan, and stars Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Liam Neeson, Tadanobu Asano, and Ciarán Hinds. The film premiered in Vatican City on November 29, 2016. This film marks the second adaptation of Shusaku End's novel, which was previously adapted by Masahiro Shinoda into a 1971 film of the same name. The film is considered a "passion project" of Scorsese's and has been in development since 1990, two years after the release of Scorsese's most controversial film, also with strongly religious themes, The Last Temptation of Christ. When asked why he retained interest in the project for over 20 years, Scorsese stated: "As you get older, ideas go and come. Questions, answers, loss of the answer again and more questions, and this is what really interests me. Yes, the cinema and the people in my life and my family are most important, but ultimately as you get older, there's got to be more. Much, much more. The very nature of secularism right now is really fascinating to me, but at the same time do you wipe away what could be more enriching in your life, which is an appreciation or some sort of search for that which is spiritual and transcends? That's one of the reasons why I made the George Harrison documentary. Silence is just something that I'm drawn to in that way. It's been an obsession, it has to be done... it's a strong, wonderful true story, a thriller in a way, but it deals with those questions."
2. Rain Falls Unceasingly on the Sea
3. Blowing Through the Grove
4. Disrupting the Glimmering Air
5. Cosmic Ocean
6. Dreams and Echoes
7. Sea Bells
8. Rhythmic Cicadas
10. Whispers in the Dark
11. Sea Monks
13. Forgive Me
16. Ferreira in the Pit
17. The Dreaded Moment
18. Drowned Chorus
19. Cicada Voices in his Head
20. Secret Sacrament
21. Sea Angels
22. Foreboding Sea
23. Black Drum
24. Saints and Heroes
25. Only God Can Answer