PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of May 29, 2017 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
We are pleased to release for the absolute first time on CD the complete OST by Stelvio Cipriani for the film “Convoy Busters” (aka “Poliziotto Sprint”).
Originally C.A.M. had released a single with the two tracks "Speed Machine" and "Crazy Town" (AMP 198). But thanks to the stereo master tapes from the recording session, we had the opportunity to assemble a CD with the entire fabulous OST (43:36 minutes).
Stelvio Cipriani managed to describe the character of Agent Palma perfectly through music. Palma is a true "stuntman" in his fight against crime and Cipriani composed a cheerful score which also gives a sense of urban reality with its tangled jungle full of dangers. The rhythms and the typical sound of the moog synthesizer of the late seventies create the right atmosphere, which is a pleasure for the listener who dives back in time and can imagine the daring exploits of the protagonist. Cipriani also manages to lighten up the serious battle between the good cop and the criminal with a sweet love theme introduced and then developed throughout the film. The city life with its chaotic traffic and hectic pace are emphasized by a long piece of large wind orchestra jazz and blues called "Crazy Town" (which was on the B-side of the single) and is also found in its short version. This OST is a great addition to the archive devoted to the film music by legendary Stelvio Cipriani.
Agent Marco Palma, from the "quick squad" in Rome, is called "crazy" by his colleagues, not so much for his personality as for his passion for cars and speed. During police operations he jumps into reckless car chases through the streets of Rome, sometimes with disastrous consequences both for himself and for the unlucky people sitting beside him. When the crimes of French bank robber the Nizzardo (famous for the skillful way he drives his Citroen), start making the police appear incompetent, Marshal Tagliaferri gives Marco a powerful Ferrari to catch the criminal by joining his gang. Although an unexpected event reveals Marco’s true identity, things are finished for the Nizzardo anyway.
1. SPEED MACHINE (Titoli) 2:45
2. CRAZY TOWN 4:14
3. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Inseguimento) 2:12
4. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Attesa) 1:25?
5. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Atmosfera sexy) 1:27?
6. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Contro i criminali) 1:34?
7. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Giungla urbana) 1:33?
8. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Agguato) 0:59?
9. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Tema d'amore) 2:53?
10. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (In giro per la città) 1:21
11. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Un uomo contro tutti) 1:32
12. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Cercando la verità) 2:29
13. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Tema d'amore) 1:31?
14. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Regolamento di conti) 1:37
15. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Un uomo giusto) 1:33?
16. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Caccia spietata) 2:38?
17. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (Pedinamento) 3:48?
18. CRAZY TOWN (Versione breve) 1:42?
19. POLIZIOTTO SPRINT (La resa dei conti) 1:20?
20. SPEED MACHINE (Finale) 4:13