PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late October and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records presents a double-bill of Spanish horror scores for films starring Paul Naschy.
El espanto surge de la tumba (Horror Rises from the Tomb) (1973), was a medieval-themed horror picture with Paul Naschy playing both an evil warlock knight from the 15th century as well as his 20th-century descendant trying to undo the damage done by his forbear. Spanish composer Carmelo Bernaola (Count Dracula’s Great Love, Hunchback of the Morgue, Verano azul) responds to the evil mayhem with a Gothic/psychedelic score using organ, strings, prepared piano and wooden percussion. Since the score is only about 30 minutes long, the CD also features the complete score for another Spanish horror film:
El asesino está entre los 13 (The Killer Is One of Thirteen) (1976), features Naschy as a butler in an Agatha Christie-inspired tale where party guests start dying one by one; it turns out all of them have some connection to the house’s deceased owner. Because the film’s budget was small, famous Spanish composer Alfonso Santisteban (Killing of the Dolls, Necrophagus, Casta e pura) wrote just four cues for the picture, which the ?lmmakers then placed in some of the most random parts of the film. Nevertheless, on an album it works marvelously, giving ample backing for your own murder-themed dinner party.
Both scores make their premiere release in any form on this CD, mastered by Nicolás Tsabertidis from original master tapes. The package includes a 12-page booklet with liner notes by Gergely Hubai that discuss the ?lms, the scores and the composers. This release is strictly limited to 300 units.
HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB (EL ESPANTO SURGE DE LA TUMBA)
Music by Carmelo Bernaola
1. Prologue (1:15)
2. Main Title (1:43)
3. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 02) (2:51)
4. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 03) (1:17)
5. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 04) (1:49)
6. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 05) (1:45)
7. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 06) (2:20)
8. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 07) (1:30)
9. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 08) (4:51)
10. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 09) (1:33)
11. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 10) (0:57)
12. Horror Rises From the Tomb (Seq. 11) (1:14)
13. Finale (2:51)
THE KILLER IS ONE OF THIRTEEN (EL ASESINO ESTÁ ENTRE LOS TRECE)
Music by Alfonso Santisteban
14. Con una suave nostalgia (2:28)
15. En busca del tiempo perdido (2:02)
16. La fuga (1:38)
17. Supercelestial (2:02)
Total Disc Time: 34:13