PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of April 6, 2018 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
The new multi-part documentary Elvis Presley: The Searcher, directed by Thom Zimny and airing on HBO on April 14, pushes past the larger-than-life image of The King of Rock and Roll, portraying him instead as a man and an artist "who wanted to heal, to find that thing that was always felt to be missing, and to do it through the music."
The 3CD deluxe edition box set offers an expanded 55-track overview of Elvis' career as heard in the film including familiar hit recordings ("Heartbreak Hotel," "Are You Lonesome Tonight?"), powerful vocal performances ("That's All Right," "Tomorrow Is a Long Time," "Trouble/Guitar Man") and rare outtakes ("Suspicious Minds," "Separate Ways"), plus a bonus disc of additional recordings relevant to the film-including singles that inspired Presley (Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup's original version of "That's All Right," Odetta's gospel version of Bob Dylan's "Tomorrow is a Long Time") and two original instrumental pieces composed for the documentary by Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready.
Elvis Presley: The Searcher (The Original Soundtrack) [Deluxe] includes a 40-page book of photos, liner notes by Warren Zanes, and a producers note from film director Thom Zimny.
1. Trouble / Guitar Man
2. My Baby Left Me
3. Baby, What You Want Me To Do (First 'Stand-Up' Show)
4. Old Shep
5. That's When Your Heartaches Begin
6. That's All Right
7. Blue Moon of Kentucky
8. Fool, Fool, Fool
9. Tweedlee Dee
10. Baby, Let's Play House
11. Good Rockin' Tonight
12. Trying to Get to You
13. Blue Moon
14. When It Rains, It Really Pours
15. Blue Christmas
16. Heartbreak Hotel
17. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy
18. Money Honey
19. Hound Dog
20. (There'll Be) Peace In the Valley (For Me)
23. Farther Along
24. Mona Lisa
25. Hide Thou Me
26. Loving You
27. Lonely Man
28. Power of My Love
1. Milky White Way
2. A Mess of Blues
3. Fame and Fortune
4. Witchcraft / Love Me Tender
5. Like a Baby
6. Are You Lonesome Tonight?
7. It's Now or Never
8. Wooden Heart
9. Swing Down Sweet Chariot
10. Reconsider Baby
11. Bossa Nova Baby
12. C'mon Everybody
13. Tomorrow Is a Long Time
14. Take My Hand, Precious Lord
15. Run On
16. Baby What You Want Me To Do (Version 1)
17. Suspicious Minds
18. Baby, Let's Play House
20. That's All Right
21. Never Been to Spain
22. An American Trilogy
23. You Gave Me a Mountain
24. Burning Love
25. Separate Ways
26. Hurt - Elvis Presley with Myrna Smith, Kathy Westmoreland & J.D. Sumner and The Stamps
27. If I Can Dream
1. Dissolution 2 - Mike McCready
2. Satisfied - The Blackwood Brothers Quartet
3. That's All Right - Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup
4. She May Be Yours (But She Comes To See Me Sometime) - Joe Hill Louis
5. Mystery Train - Little Junior's Blue Flames
6. Smokestack Lightnin' - Howlin' Wolf
7. Rock-A-My Soul - The Blackwood Brothers Quartet
8. Just Walkin' In The Rain - The Prisonaires
9. Rocket '88 - Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats
10. Write Me a Letter - The Ravens
11. Blue Moon of Kentucky - Bill Monroe & his Blue Grass Boys
12. Ain't That Right - Eddie Snow
13. Just Walkin' in the Rain - Johnnie Ray
14. Home Sweet Home - Gladys Presley
15. Blowin' In the Wind - Odetta
16. Tomorrow Is a Long Time - Odetta
17. The Weight - The Staple Singers
18. Heartbreak Hotel - The Orlons
19. Wooden Heart - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
20. Rebound - Mike McCready