PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid June and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records and Warner Bros. Records presents the premiere CD release of Francis Lai’s catchy, lovely score for Peter Sellers vehicle The Bobo, directed by Robert Parrish in 1967, also starring Britt Ekland, Rossano Brazzi and Adolfo Celi.
Once you've seen one singing blue matador, you've seen them all! Or have you? Warner Bros' movie marked the dream match-up of husband and wife team Peter Sellers and Britt Ekland, made shortly before their divorce. Ekland stars as a naive beauty who gets her way with men - and her latest dream is a sports car! Sellers is a singing matador who can catch his big break if he beaks the girl's heart. But will he be able to do so?
The powerhouse soundtrack of The Bobo was written by Francis Lai shortly before his Oscar-winning success of Love Story (also available from Quartet Records.) The Bobo capitalizes on Lai’s undeniable talent at writing infectious tunes, including two songs recorded especially for the album. The assembly also includes two brilliant songs composed by George Martin (The Fifth Beatle himself) and performed by Sellers in character as the Singing Matador!
Mastered by Chris Malone from original album masters courtesy of Warner Bros. Records, the 8-page booklet contains liner notes by Gergely Hubai discussing the movie, the composer and its music. -QUARTET RECORDS
01. The Blue Matador (2:59)
02. Olimpia’s Theme (3:59)
03. Imagine (Retreat Version) (4:42)
04. Girl From Barcelona (Vocal: Peter Sellers) (1:06)
05. The Bobo (Vocal Version) (2:47)
06. Imagine (Vocal Version) (2:15)
07. Olimpia’s Theme (Bossa Nova) (3:43)
08. The Bulls of Salamanca (Vocal: Peter Sellers) (1:46)
09. Bobo’s Lament (3:42)
10. The Bobo (Bossa Nova) (2:15)
11. The Blue Matador (Vocal Version) (1:16)