PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late March and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Beat Record is glad to re-issue on CD this original soundtrack from the western movie “Vamos a matar compañeros” (aka “Compañeros”) directed in 1970 by Sergio Corbucci, starring Franco Nero, Tomas Milian, Jack Palance, Fernando Rey, Iris Berben, José Bódalo, Eduardo Fajardo, Karin Schubert, Gérard Tichy, Gino Pernice, Claudio Scarchilli, Álvaro de Luna and Jesús Fernández. Ennio Morricone wrote fabulous music scores for the revolutionary Western genre, including films such as "Tepepa," "La resa dei conti" and "Il mercenario." Certainly, "Vamos a matar compañeros" remains one of his fans' favorite works, where the harmonica by Franco De Gemini, Alessandroni's whistle and the Cantori Moderni choir play the lion's share. In 1970, a single was released (it - ZT 7009) with the themes “Vamos a matar compañeros” (with lyrics by Bruno Corbucci) and “Il pinguino." The main theme, "Vamos a matar compañeros," with its revolutionary flavor, is a cheerful, rhythmic piece with choir and the intervention of harmonica, organ and tolling bell that is frequently repeated throughout the soundtrack. Another recurring theme is the light-hearted "Il pinguino" motif for whistle, harmonica, banjo and orchestra, while "La mexicana" is a nostalgic motif with harmonica and orchestra. The mystical theme of “La loro patria” with its revolutionary flavor returns to the soundtrack with guitar and strings. The tension of the story is provided by dramatic, almost atonal themes such as "Un uomo in agguato" and "Cecchino." There is also the obligatory saloon music, according to the tradition of the genre. Beat Records proudly reissues on the market this masterpiece by Ennio Morricone for the Italian Western using the stereo masters of the original recording sessions, with a total duration of 63 minutes.
Mastering by Claudio Fuiano, liner notes by Daniel Winkler, graphic layout by Daniele De Gemini.
1. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS 2:24
2. IL PINGUINO 2:56
3. LA MESSICANA 2:40
4. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (saloon music) 2:11
5. LA LORO PATRIA 1:44
6. UN UOMO IN AGGUATO 5:41
7. PENSANDO ALLA LIBERTÀ 1:21
8. CECCHINO 1:22
9. IL PINGUINO (#2) 3:03
10. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (#2) 2:05
11. IL PINGUINO (#3) 2:02
12. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (saloon music #2) 2:20
13. UN UOMO IN AGGUATO (#2) 4:06
14. IL PINGUINO (#4) 2:33
15. LA LORO PATRIA (#2) 4:01
16. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (#3) 3:28
17. UN UOMO IN AGGUATO (#3) 3:36
18. IL PINGUINO (#5) 2:08
19. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (saloon music #3) 1:56
20. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (#4) 3:58
21. LA LORO PATRIA (#3) 3:17
22. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAÑEROS (#5) 1:53
23. LA MESSICANA (#2) 1:02
24. VAMOS A MATAR COMPAEROS (finale) 1:00