UNSEALED - NEAR MINT - ONLY ONE AVAILABLE
The German distributor Cinerama tried to subtly adapt the film to western visual habits. This was done mainly through an altered soundtrack. It was supposed that the original score of Chinese composer Wang Fu-ling would sound far too oriental for Europeans.
That was the moment when Peter Thomas came into play. He had been commissioned to conceive the new soundtrack. As a result, his music can be heard in the film worldwide with the exception of China. So Thomas' soundtrack virtually became the original score of The Big Boss.
It is striking the way in which Thomas successfully integrates his music into the oriental cinematic milieu.
The snappy main theme alone, with it's marvellous brass section, has something of the eternal in it's very essence!
Now, 37 years later, this music is released on CD for the very first time!
The 20 tracks are accompanied by some rare large-sized colour film stills of young martial artist Bruce Lee.
1. Big Boss Theme (02:18)
2. Mukuri (01:26)
3. Girl Loves Cheng Li (01:20)
4. Hard Drugs (01:50)
5. The Amulet (03:26)
6. Finding the Drugs (01:05)
7. China Love (02:40)
8. Malaparte Sinus (02:55)
9. Communication in Hyperspace (01:43)
10. Cheng Li and His Friends (01:39)
11. EKG (01:40)
12. Big Boss and His Gang (01:19)
13. Blood & Dead Friends (02:11)
14. Moontown (03:33)
15. Revenge & Corruption (01:48)
16. The Fist of Fury (02:28)
17. The Amulet (film version) (00:33)
18. Big Boss and His Gang (film version) (00:47)
19. Dream for Two (02:49)
20. Bruce Lee Forever (03:12)