Limited to 500.
Alhambra Records in Germany is very proud to release for the first time in full stereo one of the most important scores by famous Italian composer Angelo Francesco Lavagnino which has never before been available on CD: L'ULTIMO PARADISO (THE LAST PARADISE) from 1957.
This wonderful CD project - our third Lavagnino CD after L'IMPERO DEL SOLE and CONTINENTE PERDUTO - has only been possible thanks to the generous support of the three daughters of the composer - Bianca, Iudica and Alessandra Lavagnino -, who still have a copy of the original mastertape in stereo in their personal archive. The original open reel tape has been transferred for our CD by famous sound engineer Federico Savina in Rome.
Till now 15 tracks with only about 27 minutes of the original recording of L'ULTIMO PARADISO had been available in mono on a rare German Polydor LP from 1957 which was later reissued on a Japanese LP in 1983 and also (together with some tracks from CONTINENTE PERDUTO on an Italian Polydor LP in the same year. We are therefore very proud that we can now release for the very first time on CD the complete score in chronological order with more than 50 minutes (plus some bonus tracks with about 20 minutes) in full stereo as it was originally intended which is quite sensational for an Italian soundtrack from 1957. Only two tracks ("The Lagoon", "The Call of the Isles") were missing and one ("Shells") was damaged on Lavagnino's own mastertape copy which we could use so that we had to take these three cues from the LP record itself.
This CD edition which has a 12-page booklet will be limited to 500 copies and will be available in the first week of June .
01. Song of The South Sea (Main Title) 1:29
02. Shells - Children's Idyll - The Children and the Nurse-Shark - Atemi and Maeva 6:13
03. The Lagoon 1:39
04. Pearl Diving (Edit) 4:01
05. When the Day Was Over 1:49
06. Maeva and Terei - Farewell Song 3:47
07. Oiseau des Iles - Coral Mines 2:35
08. Cutting the Coconut Palms - July 13th 2:14
09. Pauline - The Boat-Bus to Papeete 1:17
10. The Festival of July 14th 2:20
11. Sunrise at Papeete 2:13
12. Early in The Morning at the Lido 2:02
13. The Call of the Isles 1:31
14. Sunrise at Papeete - Dreamy Isles 3:12
15. Storm on the Sottovento Isles 2:15
16. Teora, the Most Beautiful Girl of Bora Bora 2:25
17. Fishermen's Festivity 3:08
18. The First Stroke of the Harpoon 1:10
19. The God Of Love - Gathering Flowers 4:34
20. Good Welcome Dance - Announcement of Teora-Mauru's Wedding 2:29
21. Finale 3:03
22 Jumping from The Tower 2:18
23 Pearl Diving (Original Version) 7:39
24 Luna Park 3:40
25 At Quinn's 1:32
26 Finale (With Native Percussion Source) 4:37