After the wonderful FIRE STARS DANCES album by Piero Piccioni we proceed with our series dedicated to synchronization with this miraculous edition of DISCOMUSIC, one of the most innovative album of the late 70s, 1978 to be more precise, by the volcanic and polyhedral Maestro Piero Umiliani. A very rare album in the mythical Sound Workshop series realized by the Maestro in that decade, DISCOMUSIC is a real strength proof by the genial Tuscan composer in a genre much dear for our BEAT DDJ series: disco music of the late 70s. It’s the period of the full explosion of this overwhelming phenomenon that like a supernova invades all music genres and artistic fields: disco music brings in his belly a new sound solution in order to give voice to adrenaline in the pentagram form. And this album is a great sample: ten cues and two alternate takes of DISCOMANIA and ODEON tracks will bring you in the deepest corner of your private disco, hypnotized by the selection of an improvised DJ, Maestro Piero Umiliani that arranges rhythms and sonorities with great skill and naturalness with the aid of great performers, everything done as if he was an experienced disco music producer. You can’t stay still when listening to Odeon, Skypass, Discomania (among the other things, end credits of the popular TV show “90° minuto”) or Optimist, the whole album in a great chilling STEREO (please, listen to that CD with a good high-fi.. I beg you! You want repent!).
The CD is in the DDJS format, slim jewel case with visible picture disc that replicates the graphic layout of a vinyl. Mastering by Enrico De Gemini and graphic layout by Daniele De Gemini.
1) CAROUSEL (3’19) (melodico)
2) DISCOMANIA (3’14) (dinamico e percussivo)
3) OPTIMIST (4’39) (distensivo)
4) HOBBY (3’53) (dolce e ritmato)
5) ODEON (3’53) (dolce e ritmato)
6) SKYPASS (3’37) (dinamico e percussivo)
7) IMPACT (4’25) (mosso ed articolato)
8) FORCING (4’33) (allegro animato)
9) MARLOWE (5’35) (dolce con tensione)
10) HAPPY END (3’19) (melodico)
11) ODEON (3’55) (take alternativo)
12) DISCOMANIA (3’14) (take alternativo)
Total (stereo): 48’16