The new expected collaboration between director Bertrand Tavenier and composer Philippe Sarde, in his ninth film together, after celebrated success as Coup de Torchon, L.627, La fille de d’Artagnan or La Princesse de Montpensier.
Based on the popular comic book by Abel Lanzac and Christophe Blain, the plot of the new film by Tavernier is an acid comedy about the French Ministry of Foreing Affairs (inspired in the ministry Dominique de Villepin). The film starrings are Thierry Lhermitte, Raphaël Personnaz and Niels Arestrup.
The ironic and rhythmic score, masterfully written by Philippe Sarde has been recorded in Paris, orchestrated and conducted by Dominic Spagnolo, and performed by a great group of musicians, including Ridardo Del Fra (bass), Jean Pierlot (percussions), Fréderic Couderd (sax) or Raphaël Didjaman (didgeridoo). The album including four songs by Colette Renard and Bertrand Bugalat.
The booklet includes an exclusive interview by Stéphane Lerouge with Betrand Tavernier, discuss about the music and the film.
1. Arrivée au Quai d’Orsay 2:15
2. Le bureau d’Arthur 1:39
3. La routine 1:17
4. Maupas 0:48
5. Résolution d’un conflit 1:06
6. Sandwich réflexion 0:42
7. Stabylo 1:23
8. La course du minister 1:10
9. Arrivée à New York 1:00
10. Oubanga 2:06
11. Manuel de résolution des crises 1:51
12. Réveil d’urgence 2:10
13. Discours à l’ONU 4:43
14. Les nuits d’une Demoiselle (Thierry Fremont) 0:45
15. Les nuits d’une Demoiselle (Colette Renard) 2:27
16. Step On the Gas! (April March / Bertrand Burgalat) 3:55
17. Girl In Your Raindrop (Jöel Daydé / Bertrand Burgalat) 3:40
18. Arrow In the Wall (Jöel Daydé / Bertrand Burgalat) 3:13