PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“People came out in droves for [Peyton Place], and it’s not at all hard to see why – it’s corn in the grand style, much of it delivered with sweep and conviction, and the intrigues come thick and fast.”
– Jonathan Rosenbaum, The Chicago Reader
“Under Mark Robson’s direction, every one of the performers delivers a topnotch portrayal. Diane Varsi particularly is standout as the rebellious teenager Allison…Also in top form in a difficult role is Hope Lange.”
Grace Metalious’ scandalous best-seller about the sordid life of a small New England town is given the high-gloss Hollywood treatment in Peyton Place (1957), a hugely successful melodrama produced by Jerry Wald and directed by Mark Robson, with John Michael Hayes providing the screenplay. A cast led by established star Lana Turner (then suffering her own real-life melodrama) is also studded with terrific performances from relative newcomers including Diane Varsi, Hope Lange, Lee Philips, and Russ Tamblyn, and further highlighted by an extraordinary score from Franz Waxman.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA / English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1957 / Color
Special Features: Audio Commentary with Filmmaker/Historian Willard Carroll / Audio Commentary with Actors Terry Moore and Russ Tamblyn / On Location in Peyton Place with Willard Carroll Audio Commentary / AMC Backstory: Peyton Place / Fox Movietone Newsreels / Original Theatrical Trailers