PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late May and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In collaboration with Gaumont, Music Box Records presents the world premiere CD release of two Nicola Piovani French scores: La Conquête (The Conquest, 2011) and Comme un chef (Le Chef, 2012).
In Durringer’s film, Piovani’s music is used above all to highlight the comedic aspect of the French political world. Piovani composed a baroque counterpoint, close to the twisted circus music (reminiscent of the work of Nino Rota), which would evoke the theatrical quality of politics and give it a quasi-burlesque dimension. In Cohen’s film, Nicola Piovani’s music reflects the director’s humane point of view in this playful and innocent melody where a honky-tonk piano seems to be conversing with a cheerful trombone.
For these two soundtracks, Nicola Piovani reaches his target again, showing at once all his humour, his talent for creating melodies and orchestrations, and his emotional impact based on simple yet powerful effects. This remastered edition features the same content as the digital releases. The CD comes with an 8-page booklet with liner notes by Nicolas Magenham, discussing the films and the scores. Limited Edition of 300 units.
1. Sarkomarch (04:20)
2. La conquête (03:52)
3. Carillon de Nicolas (01:40)
4. Promenade de l'escalade (01:21)
5. Largo etico (02:06)
6. Télédémocratie (01:09)
7. La veille (02:05)
8. Swing électoral (03:03)
9. Largo assorto (01:37)
10. Langueurs politiques (01:50)
11. Au bord de la piscine (01:23)
12. La politique à vélo (01:24)
13. Sur le devant de la scène (02:01)
14. La conquête (Final) (01:46)
COMME UN CHEF
15. Comme un chef (02:01)
16. Crêpes flambées andante (02:14)
17. Petite valse en bouillabaisse (02:50)
18. Grande tension en gelée (03:48)
19. Fameux lento escargots (02:48)
20. Les recettes du marché d'Alexandre (01:04)
21. Gastronomie moléculaire (01:11)
22. Flamenco en soupe (02:19)
23. Suspense de Bourgogne (02:10)
24. Valse tarte tatin (01:46)
25. Largo fondant (02:06)
26. La recette de l'amour (01:43)
Total Time 56:44