PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of November 14, 2017 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Digitmovies is pleased to release the complete edition OST by Carlo Rustichelli for the ?lm “Brancaleone at the Crusades” (original title: “Brancaleone alle crociate”).
For the sequel to “For Love and Gold,” Carlo Rustichelli (December 24, 1916, Carpi - 13 November 2004, Rome) resumes his famous “March of Brancaleone” and “Pirulè” (the pilgrim theme), this time entrusting Gianfranco Plenizio to conduct the orchestra. Maestro Rustichelli created a new score which is romantic and veiled with sadness for Felicilla, the witch (Stefania Sandrelli) who enters Brancaleone’s heart. This time Brancaleone gets caught up in the Crusades and the score alternates dramatic with haunting passages that would ?t perfectly in a horror ?lm. For our CD (total running time 72:33 minutes), we were able to access the stereo master tapes of the original recording session. We’ve included the audio editing on the ?rst twenty tracks which we personally prepared with Maestro Rustichelli for the CD’s ?rst release in 1995, followed by ?lm versions, alternate takes and the singles released in 1970 on the single RCA Records PM 3573 (S). This is a well-deserved musical recovery for the trio Monicelli, Rustichelli, Gassman, who created a masterpiece for Italian Cinema. Vittorio Gassman won “Best Actor” at the San Sebastian Festival in 1971 for this ?lm.
The ?lm starts where “For Love and Gold” ends. Traveling with a group of beggars to conquer the Holy Sepulchre, Brancaleone of Norcia loses all of his companions in battle. The grim reaper appears, and out of fear and desperation Brancaleone is able to convince him to grant him more time to live. He saves the life of an infant who is the son of a Norman king, and soon he gets back on the road with a new army of stragglers to take the baby back to his father. Along the way, he goes through a series of ordeals including saving a young witch from the stake, welcoming a leper to his group, visiting a hermit holed up in a cave, and ?nally, escorting Pope Gregory VII to visit a stylite on a column. After a dispute between the Pope and the antipope Clemente III is resolved by a terrible “judgment by God,” Brancaleone discovers that the leper is actually a princess. He returns the baby to his father, and in exchange becomes a Baron. He allies with the Moors and takes to the ?eld against the Norman King’s brother. But Brancaleone loses the ?ght because of the young witch, who is in love with him and has cast a spell on him. Out of despair, Brancaleone eventually goes to wander through the desert and encounters the grim reaper again, who has come back to settle the bill. Once again, though, Brancaleone manages to escape death when the witch sacri?ces herself for him.
1. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (Titoli) 2:44
2. PIRULÈ (partenza della nave) 1:01
3. SBARCO DEI PELLEGRINI E MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE 2:32
4. MISTERO NOTTURNO 1:23
5. DOPO LA STRAGE E MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE 1:32
6. GUERRA E PACE 1:18
7. IL RACCONTO DELLA STREGA (parte I) 2:06
8. INSEGUIMENTO E DUELLO 1:12
9. L'ORACOLO E MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE 0:55
10. IL RACCONTO DELLA STREGA (parte II) 2:12
11. DIALOGO DI BRANCALEONE CON LA LUNA 1:18
12. DIALOGO DI BRANCALEONE CON SÉ MEDESIMO 1:14
13. FELICILLA LA STREGA 1:52
14. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (#2) 1:21
15. BRANCALEONE E FELICILLA (tema d'amore) 2:19
16. MORTE DI FELICILLA 2:03
17. SARACENI! 0:57
18. BRANCALEONE E LA GLORIA 1:20
19. ATTESA MAGICA 1:09
20. RICORDO DI FELICILLA 2:24
21. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (Finale) 3:32
?lm versions and alternates
22. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (Titoli – alt. mix singolo lato A) 2:43
23. PIRULÈ (singolo lato B - con la voce di Vittorio Gassman) 3:25
24. PIRULÈ (partenza della nave #2) 2:04
25. SBARCO DEI PELLEGRINI 1:47
26. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (#2) 0:45
27. PIRULÈ (#2) 1:30
28. BRANCALEONE ALLE CROCIATE (La morte) 1:22
29. GUERRA E PACE (#2) 3:12
30. MISTERO NOTTURNO (#2) 1:18
31. IL RACCONTO DELLA STREGA (parte I – alt. mix zampogna) 2:11
32. MISTERO NOTTURNO (#3) 1:18
33. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (#3) 2:24
34. PIRULÈ (#3 con la voce di Vittorio Gassman) 2:17
35. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (#4) 1:46
36. DIALOGO DI BRANCALEONE CON LA LUNA (#2) 1:06
37. ATTESA MAGICA (#2) 1:51
38. BRANCALEONE ALLE CROCIATE (Rito contro la strega) 1:58
39. RICORDO DI FELICILLA (#2) 1:05
40. MARCIA DI BRANCALEONE (Finale – versione breve) 0:55