PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents a very special new edition of Burt Bacharach’s timeless classic soundtrack for the 1967 James Bond spoof Casino Royale to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
The infectious main theme performed by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass is just the starting point of an epic comedy ride that includes such highlights as the unforgettable “The Look of Love,” sung by Dusty Springfield, or the epic fight music at the end of the film. Produced by record industry legend Phil Ramone, the original soundtrack LP offered selected highlights, expertly edited to showcase the best parts of the entire score. Thanks to the legendary sound quality of the stereo copies, this record became one of the most highly sought-after collectibles in the industry.
Previously released on CD by several labels, including us (twice, both now out of print), this edition is an important landmark for this legendary score, and we can proudly say that it now sounds better than ever. This new edition has been produced, restored and mastered by wizard engineer Chris Malone, rebuilding the score from the ground up. Malone’s work has focused on addressing unintended technical anomalies (such as filling dropouts and covering analogue splices) rather than broadly applying a modern sound palette. He has eschewed dynamic range compression and retained the brilliance of the original recording. Because the LP program derived from the original film recordings (with some edits made for a more pleasure listening), we have included it on our CD and added all the music composed by Bacharach that was not on the LP to make a 77-minute CD. The bonus tracks are in mono (music stems are still the only available source to date), but Chris has worked them in a very different mood from our previous edition, respecting the mono without adding any stereo reverb and carefully restoring each track in a very warm way. We can say the sound is day and night compared with our previous edition. Live and learn.
This release includes a bonus track making its CD debut: the promo-single version by Mike Redway, and arranged by Bacharach, of the song “Have No Fear, Bond Is Here.” The CD also showcases all-new, exclusive liner notes from film music writer Jeff Bond, and new art design by Nacho B. Govantes in a 20-page full-color booklet.
THE ORIGINAL ALBUM (Stereo)
1. Casino Royale (Main Title) (Performed by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass) (2:38)
2. The Look of Love (Vocal by Dusty Springfield) (4:11)
3. Moneypenny Goes for Broke (1:39)
4. Le Chiffre’s Torture of Mind (2:14)
5. Home James, Don’t Spare the Horses (1:33)
6. Sir James’ Trip to Find Mata (3:50)
7. The Look of Love (Instrumental) (2:50)
8. Hi There Miss Goodthighs (1:18)
9. Little French Boy (2:26)
10. Flying Saucer / First Stop Berlin (3:00)
11. The Venerable Sir James Bond (2:33)
12. Dream on James, You’re Winning (1:20)
13. The Big Cowboys and Indians Fight at Casino Royale / Casino Royale Theme (Reprise)
(Performed by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass) (4:54)
BONUS TRACKS (Mono)
14. Casino Royale (Main Title) (Performed by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass) (2:39)
15. Opening Cars Converging / To the Bond Chateau (1:55)
16. The Black Rose (0:34)
17. James Bond in Scotland (0:47)
18. The Widow Duty of Lady Fiona / Wassail (3:42)
19. The Grouse Shoot (0:34)
20. Mimi’s Lament (1:32)
21. Gymnasium Training (1:48)
22. The Look of Love (Film Version) (Vocal by Dusty Springfield) (3:48)
23. Proposals, Super 8 and Costumes (0:47)
24. Sir James’ Trip to Find Mata / Temple Dance (3:17)
25. Sitar Background (2:30)
26. Old Berlin House / Mata Hari School for Spies (2:44)
27. Bond Arrival in France (0:48)
28. Vesper in the Shower (0:45)
29. Le Chiffre’s Magic Act (0:58)
30. Vesper’s Kidnapping (0:47)
31. End of Torture Sequence (0:28)
32. Fight in Casino Manager’s Office / Dr. Noah’s Headquarters / The LSD Room (2:40)
33. The Big Fight at Casino Royale (Film Version) (4:34)
34. Seven Bonds in Heaven / End Title (Have No Fear Bond Is Here) (Vocal by Mike Redway) (2:25)
35. Have No Fear Bond Is Here (Single Version) (Vocal by Mike Redway) (2:37)
Total Disc Time: 77:32
LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS