PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of September 10, 2018 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
We select this beautiful score composed by popular Maestro Piero Piccioni for a 1971 film directed by Luigi Zampa in which Alberto Sordi acts alongside Claudia Cardinale: Bello, onesto, emigrato Australia sposerebbe compaesana illibata.
It’s the story of Amedeo Battipaglia (Sordi), who emigrated to Australia 20 years prior and is searching for an Italian wife. Thanks to the help of a priest, he gets in contact with Carmela (Cardinale), an ex-prostitute who would prefer to keep her past hidden.
The beautiful music by Maestro Piccioni was released at the time speaking on LP by RCA, pressed again in 2005 by Dejavù and published on CD by GDM in 2004 featuring the album program and four unreleased tracks.
This version appears after many years of unavailability, with a fresh remastering of all the original elements by Claudio Fuiano, in order to assemble a definitive edition lasting 79 minutes!
You will enjoy the main title sequences, romantic themes, the lounge cue “in viaggio attraverso l’Australia” featuring the divine Edda Dell’Orso’s voice, and the wonderful orchestral theme “L’arrivo in città,” in Beat style, dedicated to the Australian continent. Many alternate versions are included as well, making for a wonderful listening experience thanks to the great musicians of our Italian cinema and the music of the Maestro, a composer we all love and remember as a giant of the last century.
The CD comes in a jewel case, with mastering and liner notes by Claudio Fuiano and graphic layout by Daniele De Gemini featuring the iconic original poster on the cover of the booklet.
The original RCA album
1 Titoli 2:16
2 In viaggio attraverso l’Australia 3:56
3 Incontro all’aeroporto 3:10
4 L'emozione di Giuseppe 3:07
5 Il sogno di Carmela 2:26
6 Fuga nella foresta 1:50
7 I primi approcci 2:11
8 L'arrivo in città 4:13
9 La gita in barca 2:20
10 Giuseppe e Carmela al night 2:54
11 Shopping in Sydney 2:20
12 Giuseppe balla il tango 1:22
13 La delusione di Carmela 1:31
14 Finale 2:18
15 Revelation 5:11
16 Amore in Australia 1:59
17 In viaggio attraverso l’Australia (# 2) 3:50
18 Amore in Australia (#2) 4:23
19 I primi approcci (#2) 1:39
20 Giuseppe e Carmela al night (#2) 2:48
21. L’arrivo in città (# 2) 4:22
22 Il sogno di Carmela (#2) 2:24
23 Giuseppe e Carmela al night (#3) 2:17
24 La gita in barca (#2) 1:11
25 Giuseppe e Carmela al night
(#4 – piano solo) 2:45
26 Amore in Australia (#3) 2:27
27. Fuga nella foresta (#2) 2:25
28. In viaggio attraverso l’Australia (# 3 – recording session) 3:59
Stereo Total time 78:47