PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid September and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In his new film Daniel Monzón counts again with Roque Baños as composer of the soundtrack, both collaborated previously in “El Niño”, “Celda 211” or “The Kovak Box”.
¨Yucatan” is a comedy, for which Roque Baños has created an agile, melodic and elegant music, with a jazzy colour, easy to listen on disk, in words of composer music "shows for me the final message of the film is while we are alive we must enjoy who offers us their love".
Daniel Monzón, director of the film, commented about the music: "Roque's score amalgamates and gives unity to the film (...) The irresistible theme of scammers and their variations, conceived from a postulate of “scoundrel" jazz, describes with class of high comedy the traps and tricks Lucas, Clayderman and the others perpetrate against poor Antonio, the most innocent of characters imaginable, contrasting with the moral rot of those around him. On the other hand, Roque has composed one of his most beautiful and delicate themes, the one about Antonio’s romantic feeling, his love for Carmen, but also his desire to return to Yucatan to recover the lost paradise.
This beautiful theme, more valuable for its delicate simplicity almost impressionistic, contains the soul of the film. And it appeals to emotion in a noble way, avoiding melodrama or sentimental gloating".
1. Welcome on board (Mambo)
2. Aventura en Casablanca
3. Trame en el Teide
4. A todo gas con el Imserso
5. ¡Son 160 millones!
6. El beso inesperado
7. Una vez en la vida
8. La enfermedad rara
10. La ruleta rusa
11. Nota despedida
12. Regreso a Yucatán
13. Hasta siempre (dedicado a Pablo Martín Hurtado)