PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid September and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Carles Cases is not just a musician, but somebody who lives for music. Music is at the center of his existence and will do whatever it takes to complete a composition. He needs solitude to work, therefore for more than a decade he lives in a reformed Romanesque chapel in the heart of Catalonia. In this privileged setting everything revolves around music composition. Only occasionally, will he offer chamber music concerts for a reduced (and privileged) audience.
Until recently Cases worked with ruled paper, pencil and eraser; now the computer wins. He does not use the piano, or any other instrument, while composing. His head is his tool, and from this tool flows all the music and all orchestrations of his musical scores. Often, his scores will sound for the first time in the recording studio or in concert hall. This does not mean that he dislikes the piano, on the contrary. In spite that his studies at the conservatory were centered on the cello (a choice made by his family; other brothers were assigned different instruments) the piano is his favorite. Proof of his love for the piano is the fourth disc in this box containing exclusively piano performances.
Cases was born in Sallent de Llobregat, Barcelona in 1958. He is an eclectic musician who very young played jazz in the Scandinavian countries. A few years later he became the pianist and arranger for Lluis Llach (one of the best known Catalan singer-songwriter). After working together for a decade they wrote the musical score for the film El rio que nos lleva (adaptation of the novel of Jose Luis Sampedro) directed by Antonio del Real. From this point on composing for the cinema has become a mayor focus of Cases carrier.
He has had worked with many directors: Antoni Verdaguer, Jaime Chávarri, Antonio del Real, Jaume Balagueró, Ventura Pons, Gonzalo Suárez y Jesús Garay. The scores of the films of the last three directors are the ones in this exclusive box that Rossetta is proud to present. Several of works are available for the first time. Some, like Oviedo Express (2007) had a limited edition that is no longer available. This box means that music lovers can now recover an important title from this composer, together with others previously unpublished, of great value and interest.
This special box contains 4 CDs with the original soundtracks of MIL CRETINS, OVIEDO EXPRESS y DES DEL BALCÓ, and a selection of duets and piano solos of several Cases’ soundtracks.
CD 1 DES DEL BALCÓ
1. ELS SEGUIDORS (3:42)
2. LO POBLET (5:19)
3. L´AVI RAMÓN (4:50)
4. VALSE (2:59)
5. AL VOLTANT (7:00)
6. BRESSOL (3:24)
7. ARIA, (7:03)
8. AL CLAUSTRE (10:12)
9. DES DEL BALCÓ (7:34)
10. DANSA (4:56) 11. LA GUERRA (4:02)
Total Time: 61:0
CD 2 OVIEDO EXPRESS
1. DIÁLOGOS (PARA PIANO Y ORQUESTA) (21:35)
2. OVIEDO EXPRESS (3:43)
3. MADRE E HIJA (ALLEGRO) (3:31)
4. AMANTES (4:36)
5. LA REGENTA (4:07)
6. EL BUFÓN (3:44)
7. TURBACIÓN (10:41)
Total Time: 51:57
CD 3 MIL CRETINS
1. CRÈDITS FINALS (4:33)
2. BERTA (2:48)
3. NOCTURNE (4:48)
4. BACHIANA (2,38)
5. CRETINS (3:01)
6. LA CARTA (7:54)
7. L’ESCRIPTOR (5:28)
8. ESCAQUEJAR-SE (1:53)
9. LA LLOANÇA (7:09)
Total Time: 40:11
CD 4 PIANO SOLOS
1. EL PASADO (ARDE AMOR) (5:13)
2. EFIGENIA (ACTRIUS) (4:59)
3. VARIACIONS (AMIC/AMAT) (3:22)
4. PIANO A DOS (ANITA NO PIERDE EL TREN) (4:11)
5. SI-LA (ACTRIUS) (3:19)
6. LE CHÂTEAU (LE GRAND BATRE) (3:37)
7. FIGURETES (ACTRIUS) (5:25)
8. HO RECORDO (DES DEL BALCÓ) (3:58)
9. T’HO CONTE (DES DEL BALCÓ) (6:45)
10. ANTES DEL TRASPASO (MORIR O NO) (3:38)
11. THERESE (LE GRAND BATRE) (4:15)
12. LENTO (AMIC/AMAT) (3:58)
13. MI OTRO YO (MI NOMBRE ES SOMBRA) (5:11)
Total Time: 57:46