PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late November and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
KRONOS RECORDS and MOVIESCORE MEDIA take a hard ride with Dead Men, reuniting with composer Gerrit Wunder who had already proven his experience in genre scoring with Kiss the Devil in the Dark and Creatures of Whitechapel. His music for Dead Men takes the viewers down to the Arizona territories, where writer/director Royston Innes and writer/actor Ric Maddox follow the path of a young man forced on a journey to avenge the death of his father, protect the Apache tribe he has grown to love and reclaim the land and gold that is rightfully theirs.
“The challenge when composing the score for Dead Men was keeping a modernized Sergio Leone-esque root and pair it with a Native American tone while frequently bending off into intense action thriller-like chases and suspense music.“ explains the composer about creating the unique sound palette for the film. “Growing up with Italian western movies in my home country, Austria (which was actually not very different from the Old West back in its 1800s), I quickly started feeling comfortable with this style.“ The music alternates between action-packed set pieces and desert ambience using country music, Native American sounds and the best traditions of spaghetti westerns in the vein of Ennio Morricone.
Austrian-born composer Gerrit Wunder studied film music at the University of Music in Vienna. He is one of the few composers who consecutively won both the ASCAP Competition and BMI Award for Aspiring Film Composers. His list of documentary credits include The Sound of Hollywood (about Max Steiner) and Na-Naia: Legend of the Dolphins featuring Kate Winslet, Daryl Hannah and Megan Fox. More recently Gerrit worked alongside composer Rupert Gregson-Williams on Postman Pat – The Movie, he also scored the TV Pilot DAWN for MGM, directed by Robert Stromberg (Maleficent) as well as nature- and sports documentaries for “Red Bull Media”. Gerrit Wunder resides in Los Angeles. His scores for Kiss the Devil in the Dark and Creatures of Whitechapel are released by ScreamWorks Records.
1. Titles 0:38
2. They Are Coming For Us 2:43
3. What Are You Going To Do, Jesse? 2:49
4. Escape 1:59
5. What Have You Done 3:54
6. Ben And A Hundred Horses 2:23
7. Sissy And Jake 2:06
8. Shootout In The Woods 3:50
9. Remember This Day 3:20
10. Capturing Ila 2:05
11. Jesse Buries His Father 1:11
12. Apache Sanctuary 1:18
13. Apache Territory 1:08
14. Hallucinations 4:00
15. Hunting Vance 2:27
16. Sorrow 2:28
17. The Heist 1:37
18. He Was Not Your Father 1:11
19. White Man's Offer 3:38
20. Cole Took Your Wife 2:29
21. The Battle 5:35
22. Aftermath 1:33
23. Victory at Great Cost 2:03
24. This is For Deets 1:04
25. Titles (Reprise) 1:21