PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Coinciding with the film’s wide release in Finnish cinemas, KRONOS RECORDS and MOVIESCORE MEDIA presents Pessi Levanto’s score for the historical romantic drama Oma maa. Directed and co-written by Markku Pölönen, the film is about the post-war reconstruction of Finland, following a heartfelt love story from the end of the war in 1945 until the country’s hosting of the Olympic Games in Helsinki in 1952. Starring Oona Airola and Konsta Laakso as the romantic leads, Oma maa opens on October 26, 2018 all over Finland.
As Pessi Levanto explains: “My score for Oma Maa is colourful and romantic but in a subtle way. It portrays the picturesque nostalgia of post-war Finland with pastoral themes but also has a bittersweet and slightly melancholic undertone as rebuilding the country was really hard and took its toll on people. My aim was to bring light and impressionistic flavours into the score leaving room for the characters and scenery to breathe.” The score build upon a richly symphonic tapestry (“Suite from Oma Maa”), orchestral tension for moments of great distress (”Opening and Ambush”, ”The Fire”) but also includes some 40s flavoured jazzy band passages for the fun side of reconstruction (”The Bakery”) – in short, it tries to paint a complete picture much like the film does.
Pessi has scored fifteen full-length feature films, around thirty short films and documentaries plus miscellaneous spots and commercials. He has released seven records of his own and played in and done arrangements for dozens of others. His credits include the romantic comedy Body Fat Index of Love (2012) and the family adventure Rölli and the Golden Key (2013) and The Swedish Moment (2014). Besides his film work, Pessi is a sought-after arranger. His project Classical Trancelations with the Helsinki Philharmonics, had sold-out shows of orchestral versions of club music classics.
1. Suite from “Oma Maa” 3:56
2. Opening and Ambush 2:12
3. Kiss 1:49
4. The Bakery 1:21
5. Bad News 2:14
6. Wedding 0:57
7. A New Home 2:50
8. Happiness 2:21
9. Annis Dreams 1:56
10. Winter Scenery 2:26
11. The Fire 1:42
12. Aftermath 3:28
13. The Letter and the End 1:38
14. Epilogue 1:17