PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early January and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Ben Bagley’s Rodgers and Hart Revisited turned out to be so popular that Bagley ended up doing five volumes, all of which we’ll be issuing. The first volume is filled with incredible Rodgers and Hart treasures. The Richard Rodgers that wrote with Lorenz Hart was very different than the Rodgers who wrote with Hammerstein. Together, Rodgers and Hart wrote some of the greatest popular songs in history, one after another. And you won’t be hearing any of those on this album because what we have here are rare and wonderful Rodgers and Hart treasures, many of which were really new to people when this album was originally released.
For this album, Bagley assembled his usual fascinating performers and they include the brilliant and much-missed Dorothy Loudon, Danny Meehan, Charlotte Rae, and Cy Young. For the additional material recorded for the CD, we have Ann Hampton Callaway, Sandy Stewart, and Arthur Siegel. The wonderful arrangements are by Dorothy Loudon’s talented husband, Norman Paris.
As we’ve done with the other albums in this series, we have considerably spruced up the sound. For the CD release, Bagley went into the studio and recorded bonus material to fill out the CD length. And of course you get the great Harvey Schmidt artwork.
RODGERS AND HART REVISITED is limited to 500 copies
1. The Garrick Gaieties Opening
2. Come and Tell Me
3. This Funny World
4. Send for Me/I Must Love You
5. Morning is Midnight
6. Don’t Tell Your Folks
7. At the Roxy Music Hall
8. I Still Believe in You/Singing a Love Song
9. I Blush
10. How Was I to Know?/Why Do You Suppose?
11. Everybody Loves You
12. Like Ordinary People
13. Nothing But You
14. I’m Afraid
15. Life! Liberty!
16. Blue Monday/Ev’ry Sunday Afternoon
17. Pretty in the City
18. It Never Entered My Mind
19. Barking Baby
Music by Richard Rodgers
Lyrics by Lorenz Hart