PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of January 22, 2019 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“Lang’s first Western and his first film in color…displays the director’s interest in the psychology (and indeed the pitfalls) of revenge.”
– Geoff Andrew, Time Out Film Guide
“A handsome and spacious affair set against Technicolored mountains and night skies; many of its small-town scenes carry the flavor of the post-Civil War years.”
– Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
A sequel to Henry King’s 1939 Jesse James, The Return of Frank James (1940) is, significantly, directed by the one and only Fritz Lang; even more significantly, it stars Henry Fonda as an otherwise good-hearted man bent on avenging the death of his brother at the hands of Bob and Charlie Ford (John Carradine and Charles Tannen). Beautifully shot by George Barnes, highlighted by a score from David Buttolph, and featuring the screen début of the sensational Gene Tierney.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.33:1
AUDIO: English 2.0 DTS-HD MA / English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1940 / Color
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units