PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of May 6, 2019 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Digitmovies rerelease on CD the original motion picture soundtrack by Ennio Morricone from the movie “A fine pair” (“Ruba al prossimo tuo”).
In 1995 GDM Music issued a compilation CD called “WITH LOVE” (GDM 2007), a collection of love themes composed by Ennio Morricone. One theme from “Ruba al prossimo tuo” was enclosed directly transferred from the music track of the movie itself, but the source was in terrible conditions that did not make possible to create a master for a complete CD. An expanded suite (always taken from the same disputable source) was later enclosed on a Japanese CD (Volcano CPC8-1099), but unfortunately the sound quality was mediocre. We discovered the original master tapes containing the whole original recording session in a very good mono sound. This CD encloses every musical note recorded in 1968. Just a curiosity: foreign versions of the movie are circulating with alternative music not penned by Ennio Morricone, extracted possibly from pre-existing libraries. Therefore our CD contains ONLY the original music composed by Morricone, conducted perfectly by Bruno Nicolai. Ennio Morricone wrote a monothematic score including several orchestral variations of the main theme, a brilliant and very romantic motif with Lounge flavour, vocalised by I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni. Introduced first in “Titoli di Testa” and reprised with several variations throughout the score: a Classic style version with harpsichord, organ and mandolin, a slow and dreamy one with the voice of Edda and also including the choir I Cantori, a samba version, a beat-flavoured mysterious version, another version once again with the splendid magical voice of Edda and a slower variation with the whistle of Alessandro Alessandroni. The style of Ennio Morricone strongly recognizable in a second theme, very romantic and lounge, featuring a keyboard used by the author, frequently also in other scores like “Giu la testa”. A classic-style minuet theme with the operatic vocalism of Edda enriches the score. The third theme is a brilliant orchestral samba introduced by the type machine and developed by the whole orchestra and then reprised with the performance of the wonderful Cantori Moderni. Our Cd also contains three superb “shake” dancefloor music themes that bring us the unforgettable Beat atmospheres of those days’ discoteques.
Esmeralda, daughter of an Italian police officer and descendant of a family of policemen, arrives in New York to track down an American police officer who is a friend of his father's. Finding him, after some skirmishes, she reveals the purpose of his visit: having stolen some jewels to a famous and rich family, wants to put them back in their place before they realize it. Evaluated the different solutions, the two decide to go directly to the winter residence of the robbed, in Austria, to study how to enter and make the coup... reverse.
1. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (Titoli – seq.1) 2:30
2. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.2) 1:27
3. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.3) 2:14
4. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.4) 2:10
5. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.5) 3:17
6. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.6) 2:18
7. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.7) 2:31
8. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.8) 2:18
9. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.9) 2:15
10. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.10) 2:39
11. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.11) 2:38
12. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.12) 3:16
13. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.13) 1:36
14. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.14) 1:39
15. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.15) 1:46
16. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (seq.16) 2:55
17. RUBA AL PROSSIMO TUO (Finale - seq.17) 3:44
Limited edition 300 copies