PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early May and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records, Mandarin Cinema and Gaumont present the soundtrack album of the new collaboration between renowned French composer Bruno Coulais (Microcosmos, Les choristes, Coraline, White Fang, The Seasons) and Anne Fontaine (Coco Before Chanel, Adore, Gemma Bovary) in Blanche comme neige (White as Snow), an updated take on the Brothers Grimm classic, Snow White. In this version, Claire, a beautiful young woman, works at her late father’s hotel that is now managed by her evil stepmother, Maud. Claire unwittingly sparks uncontrollable jealousy in Maud, whose young lover has fallen in love with Claire. Maud decides to get rid of Claire, who finds shelter at a farm where she’s allowed to break free from her strict upbringing through encounters with seven “princes.”
Bruno Coulais’ score is emotional and romantic—but also mysterious, with dark and Impressionistic passages as well as terrific choral pieces and electronics. Dirk Brossé conducts the orchestra and chorus.
1. Blanche comme neige (2:43)
2. Le Miroir (2:28)
3. L’Enlèvement de Claire (2:40)
4. Découverte de la maison (2:48)
5. Le Prêtre (2:19)
6. Maud (3:57)
7. Les Gants rouges (2:06)
8. Confessions (2:01)
9. Danse Maud & Claire (3:10)
10. Reine des cœurs (2:20)
11. Les Flammes de Maud (2:56)
12. Les 7 nains (3:03)