PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late August and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
BuySoundtrax Records is proud to announce the original soundtrack release of WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND, featuring music composed by Dennis McCarthy (STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE) and KEVIN KINER (STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, STAR WARS: REBELS, TITANS) for the 2019 documentary film produced by 455 Films about STAR TREK: DEEP NINE, produced and co-directed by Ira Steven Behr (STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE) and David Zappone, along with Joseph Kornbrodt, Kai de Mello-Folsom and Luke Snailham, featuring the participation of Nana Visitor, Terry Farrell, Nicole de Boer, Jeffrey Combs, Michael Dorn, Alexander Siddig, Rene Auberjonois, Andrew Robinson, Wallace Shawn, Colm Meaney, Bill Mumy, James Darren, Avery Brooks, Armin Shimerman, Chase Masterson, Aron Eisenberg, Marc Alaimo, Max Grodénchik, Cirroc Lofton, Ronald D. Moore, Rick Berman and many more.
WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND celebrates the 25th anniversary of the self-proclaimed ‘black sheep’ of the many STAR TREK spin-off series. Often described as ‘dark’ and ‘edgy’, DEEP SPACE NINE was maligned by many fans and critics at the time as the show did not fit in with STAR TREK creator Gene Roddenberry’s vision of the future and bucked what the Paramount network’s concept of what a STAR TREK show should be, often featuring storylines that would span several episodes and include recurring characters, sometimes picking up story threads and paying them off in later seasons. But now, decades after DEEP SPACE NINE left the airwaves, the show is being re-discovered by younger fans through streaming services and championed by those who stuck by it from the beginning.
The music for WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND is written by composers Dennis McCarthy and Kevin Kiner, both veterans of the STAR TREK franchise, and Kevin Kiner has also provided music for several STAR WARS animated series. Dennis McCarthy received an Emmy for his theme for STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE. The soundtrack release for WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND includes their music composed for the documentary along with the musical numbers used in the film, featuring the vocals of Casey Biggs, Jeffrey Combs, Armin Shimerman and Max Grodénchik.
Born on July 3, 1945, Dennis McCarthy is a composer of television and film scores. Highly prolific, his credits include several entries in the STAR TREK franchise, including music for STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, STAR TREK: VOYAGER, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE and the 1994 feature film STAR TREK: GENERATIONS. His other television credits include DYNASTY, V, MACGYVER, SLIDERS, DAWSON'S CREEK, AND PROJECT GREENLIGHT. He also produced the album OL' YELLOW EYES IS BACK by fellow Star Trek alumnus Brent Spiner, and has composed music for many stage productions.
Dennis McCarthy has won 18 ASCAP awards and two Primetime Emmy Awards, one for his theme for STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE and the other for background score on a STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION episode, in addition to nine Emmy nominations for his various STAR TREK-related work. He also shares one Emmy for his music direction for the 63rd Academy Awards
Honored with multiple Emmy and Annie nominations, as well as 12 BMI awards, Kevin Kiner is one of the most versatile and sought-after composers in Hollywood. In creating intimate soloistic guitar music for the wild west, to grand orchestral music for a galaxy far, far away, Kevin’s wide musical range has allowed him to take on such diverse projects as Disney’s STAR WARS: REBELS, AMC’s hit series HELL ON WHEELS, CW’s JANE THE VIRGIN, CBS’s CSI:MIAMI, Cartoon Network’s TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE, and STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.
WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND includes contributions to the liner notes written by producers Ira Steven Behr and David Zappone.
1. Main Title (0:12)
2. Through a Glass Darkly (0:57)
3. I Left My Quark and Captain Sisko (2:10)
Vocal: Max Grodénchik (Arr. Nicholas Pike)
4. Reunion (2:40)
5. Big Space / Fun Voyages (2:40)
6. Mr. Brooks (3:03)
7. Concept Art / Production Design (2:40)
8. Actor Interaction / DS9 Renaissance / Promise To Be Back (3:06)
9. Writer’s Intro / New Episode (4:58)
10. Explosion (1:33)
11. Evolving Characters / Friendship to Romance (1:32)
12. Grey Character (2:54)
13. Evolving Characters 2 / Recurring Characters (2:40)
14. Killing Will Robinson (2:29)
15. Galactic War Saga / Sacrifice of Angels (3:04)
16. Writers’ Room I (2:48)
17. Haven't Advanced Much (1:33)
18. Racial Inequalities (1:45)
19. Writers’ Room II (2:30)
20. Action Barbie / Being Heard (3:03)
21. Intro Ezri (1:28)
22. Bashir (1:16)
23. The Cost of War (1:16)
24. Real World Issues (2:53)
25. Section 31 (3:49)
26. Finale (5:58)
27. What We Left Behind (2:48)
Vocals: Max Grodénchik, Casey Biggs,
Jeffrey Combs and Armin Shimerman
(Arr. Nicholas Pike)
28. In Memorium (0:43)
29. End Credits (3:12)
30. DS9 Rocks (1:29)
Five Year Mission
31. What We Left Behind Trailer (2:28)
Dennis McCarthy, Matt LaPoint
32. STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE
Main Title for Solo Piano
(After 3:00 AM at Quarks) (5:09)
Dennis McCarthy, Piano
Total Time: 79:18