PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late August and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In December 1985 composer Ron Goodwin attended his very last film scoring session. It was at Easy Sound Studio in Copenhagen, and the film his music was recorded for, was an ambitious Danish animated feature called “Valhalla”, based on Peter Madsen’s comics of the same name.
At the time of it’s release in 1986, “Valhalla” had become the most expensive film in Danish film history, and the 4 years of production chaos had taken it’s toll on the many devoted crew members, who had worked tirelessly to see the film come to life.
Now, some 30 years later, the film remains a classic in Denmark, and part of reason for it’s continued success is due to the wonderful symphonic score by legendary English composer Ron Goodwin.
Originally Danish composers Bent Hesselmann and Jussi Adler Olsen (now a famous author) were assigned with scoring the film. Part of their music was incorporated into the score by Ron Goodwin, and their original contribution to the films 10 minute pilot receives a world premiere release on this album.
After “Valhalla”, Ron Goodwin gave up film scoring, and focused on conducting instead. He remained active until the days before his death in January 2003.
PlantSounds are extremely proud to present this Anniversary Edition of the music from “Valhalla”, which includes:
* The score, as presented on earlier releases by Replay and Label X, but remastered by Audioplanet for this release.
* Never before heard demos for Valhalla by Ron Goodwin (only available on the CD).
* Music from the 10 minute Pilot of Valhalla, composed by Bent Hesselman and Jussi Adler Olsen. World premiere release. (Only available on the CD).
* A 16 page booklet containing an in depth look at Valhalla, and the music. Written by Brian Iskov. PLANTSOUNDS
1. Introduction [2:14]
2. Thor’s Arrival [1:17]
3. Children’s Theme [0:58]
4. Thor’s Fishing Story [1:14]
5. Morning of Magic Hammer [1:21]
6. Farewell Theme [1:05]
7. The Rainbow Bridge [1:58]
8. At Thor’s & Sif’s Home [1:15]
9. Loke & Quark’s Arrival [0:39]
10. Thor’s Anger [1:07]
11. The Children in the Forest [2:22]
12. Building the Hut [4:50]
13. Whistling Theme* [0:51]
14. The Giants’ Theme [2:22]
15. The Eating Contest [2:29]
16. The Drinking Contest [0:32]
17. Thor and the Cat [1:20]
18. Elle’s Dance [2:45]
19. Tjalfe & Thor [2:11]
20. Giants’ Party [2:07]
21. Goodbye Quark [1:16]
22. Tjalfe Gets his Sword [1:44]
23. Valhalla Ending [5:17]
24. Valhalla Pilot (part 1)** [2:21]
25. Valhalla Pilot (part 2)** [1:04]
26. Valhalla Pilot (part 3)** [2:09]
27. Whistling Theme (alternate version – demo)*** [0:50]
28. Thor’s Theme (demo)*** [0:49]
29. Loke in Thor’s House (demo)*** [0:42]
30. Giants’ Theme (demo)*** [0:59]
31. Quark’s Theme (demo)*** [0:56]
* Composed by Børge Ring. Arranged by Ron Goodwin
** Composed by Bent Hesselmann & Jussi Adler Olsen (world premiere release)
*** Composed by Ron Goodwin (world premiere release)