PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early November and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Music by Kurt Weill
Lyrics by Maxwell Anderson, Bertolt Brecht, Ira Gershwin, Paul Green, Edward Heyman, Alan Jay Lerner, Ogden Nash
This follow-up to Kurt Weill Revisited is a true delight. Weill was an amazing composer, and this has songs from his early years to his later years, from Love Life, Johnny Johnson, The Firebrand of Florence, One Touch of Venus, Happy End, Huckleberry Finn, along with a few other rarities, with lyrics by some of the best lyricists ever. There are treasures galore in this fabulous collection of songs.
Bagley assembled his usual interesting and starry cast – this one includes Nancy Anderson, Ellen Burstyn, Nell Carter, Blossom Dearie, Tammy Grimes, Estelle Parsons, John Reardon, Arthur Siegel, and Jo Sullivan, and musical and vocal arrangements by Bagley regular Dennis Deal.
As always, we’ve really spruced up the sound, and we of course give you the great Harvey Schmidt artwork. -KRITZERLAND
1. Come to Paris/Love is My Enemy/The Little Naked Boy/You’re Far too Near Me Jo Sullivan, John Reardon, Arthur Siegel, Chorus
2. Nana’s Song - Tammy Grimes
3. Sing Me Not a Ballad - Nell Carter
4. Way Out West in Jersey - Arthur Siegel, Denise Nolan, Nancy Hillner
5. What More Do I Want? - Jo Sullivan
6. God Bless Rockefeller - Chorus
7. Ballad of the Nazi Soldier’s Wife - Ellen Burstyn
8. Come in Mornin’ - Arthur Siegel, Denise Nolan, Nancy Hilner
9. Deep Down in the Seine - Nancy Andrews
10. My Kind of Night - Arthur Siegel
11. I Don’t Love You - Estelle Parsons
12. To Love You and to Lose You/Listen to My Song - Blosson Dearie, Arthur Siegel
Musical Direction and Arrangements by Dennis Deal