PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Kronos Records is proud to present the soundtrack to the 1961 Italo-Franco co-production I FRATELLI CORSI (The Corsican Brothers), the silverscreen adaptation of “Les Frères Corses” a novella by reknown Frech writer Alexandre Dumas, père, first published in 1844 about Siamese twins separated at birth but who have a strong psychic link as adults. The story was adapted for the silver screen by Paul Andréota and Bruno Guillaume, the latter also directed the film. The film starred Geoffrey Horne in the dual role of twins Paolo and Leone Franchi, Valérie Lagrange in the role of Lady Edith, Gérard Barray, the leading hero in Adventure-Movies made in France this time in the role of the bad guy of the story Giovanni Sagona and Italian superstar Amedeo Nazzari in the role of Orlandi.
The musical score was penned by none less than Maestro ANGELO FRANCESCO LAVAGNINO (composer of SALADINO, URSUS E LA RAGAZZA TARTARA and a myriad other gorgeous scores) who wrote a large-scale score full of beautiful melodies and a wide range of thematic material, ranging from the big orchestral adventurous pieces to quieter more intimate pieces performed by smaller ensembles for the more personal scenes between the main characters. Maestro Carlo Savina, another of Italy’s leading soundtrack giants of the Golden Age of Italian cinema conducted the orchestra in this unmissable classic. Not surprisingly in this period both Maestro Lavagnino and Maestro Savina had come much in demand on both sides of the Atlantic for their talent and musical versatility.
Our collaboraton with the SUGAR CAM Archives has helped us unearth this gem nearly sixty years after the film was released. The CD features all the musical elements that were available in the Italian vaults. Note that some of adventure themes used in the film were stock material therefore they are not present on this CD. We also opted to present the tracks as they appear in film order.
Limited To 300 Copies.
1 . Opening Credits 1:59
2 . Who was it? 1:45
3 . Dances Interrupted 0:34
4 . Cry No More - Paris 1845 1:38
5 . Your Night 2:14
6 . Ambush 0:56
7 . Go! 0:28
8 . A Tale Of Slaughter 2:12
9 . Nocturnal Ride 2:12
10. Arrival of Lady Edith 0:59
11. Talking About Love 0:50
12. Leone Sees Lady Edith 0:29
13. After The Kidnapping 0:21
14. Lady Edith and The Kidnappers 1:11
15. Leone Escorts Lady Edith 1:26
16. Lady Edith Is Back 0:36
17. Dance 0:44
18. Engagement 0:19
19. Night Fight 2:48
20. Edith 0:42
21. I Want To Talk 0:28
22. Paolo's Mystery 0:49
23. Surprise Visit 0:58
24. Gabriella 1:35
25. Edith's Letter 1:01
26. Face To Face 1:09
27. Giovanni Sagona Must Die! 1:07
28. Tomorrow Morning At Six 0:39
29. Brothers Take Shelter 0:48
30. A Carriage For Dr. Dupont 0:55
31. No one breaks his word 0:19
32. Twin Vengeance 0:54
33. Paolo Locked Away 0:28
34. The Wait 0:38
35. Edith and Gabriella 0:37
36. Duel 0:47
37. Duel - Part 2 (film version) 0:32
38. Paolo Rides Away 0:34
39. Giovanni Dead 1:04
40. Leone Arrives 0:14
41. Paolo's Sacrifice 1:12
42. Vengenace Is Accomplished 2:08
43. End Credits (film version) 2:14
44. Dances (complete version) 1:21