PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of November 22, 2019 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack to Roland Emmerich’s World War II epic MIDWAY with music by Thomas Wander and Harald Kloser.
“We agreed that the music for Midway should not be a traditional wall-to-wall orchestral score, with sweeping action cues where every change in mood and sentiment will be followed musically. We also set ourselves the goal that the orchestral pieces should be limited to the emotional moments of the film. Early on we asked our long-time collaborator Tommy Schobel to create some sort of musically driven sound design, using synth-based versions of sounds old war planes would make, but in a way so they make sense within the bigger picture of the score. When you hear these cues in the film, married with all the sound effects, it all becomes — quoting our re-recording mixer Greg P. Russel — ‘A Thing.’” – Thomas Wander & Harald Kloser, Composers
The highly anticipated action drama, starring Woody Harrelson, Luke Evans, Nick Jonas, and Mandy Moore, premiered in US theaters today via Lionsgate, alongside the soundtrack release. The compelling 23-track album features two songs by singer Annie Trousseau, who gives the film set in 1942 a unique vintage note.
“I was asked by Harald and Roland if I had any big band songs recorded and would I be interested in performing a song in Midway. This was all happening last minute because they had just added a scene with a singer. Of course, I said yes immediately! Harald had pretty early on decided that “Jersey Bounce” would be the instrumental. “All or Nothing at All” was my top pick for the vocal track because it was the most fitting lyrically and emotionally for the film, and I just fell in love with the melody and Frank Sinatra’s 1939 version with the Harry James orchestra. What an honor to be the one singer asked to do this. We purposely did only two or three live takes of each song so we could keep the live feel. I’m very happy with the outcome. In preparation, I studied the enunciation of the era and did my best to give it that extra 1940s vintage sensibility. I was in heaven in a musical world and setting that allowed me to shine in a genre that I adore and respect so much. It’s been the best experience to work beside such amazing talents. Almost everyone in the film is also a musician! Such a dream come true for me.” – Annie Trousseau, Singer
Midway centers on the Battle of Midway, a clash between the American fleet and the Imperial Japanese Navy, which marked a pivotal turning point in the Pacific Theater during WWII. The film, based on the real-life events of this heroic feat, tells the story of the leaders and soldiers who used their instincts, fortitude and bravery to overcome the odds.
1. Nobody Wants A War (1:44)
2. Midway Main Theme (5:17)
3. See You In China (3:33)
4. Morgue (2:35)
5. Getting Some Fun Out Of Life – Performed by Annie Trousseau (2:35)
6. Pearl Harbour (1:09)
7. This Is It (2:07)
8. Bombing Six (3:38)
9. What’s Their Target (1:58)
10. Attack On Midway (2:10)
11. Good Luck Sir (1:42)
12. Jersey Bounce - Performed by Annie Trousseau (3:02)
13. They’ll Follow You Anywhere (1:58)
14. Still Night Submarine (1:40)
15. Above The Clouds (2:37)
16. Dogfight (2:29)
17. The Last Dive (3:16)
18. This Is For Pearl (2:11)
19. Victory Lap (2:28)
20. Best Returns (1:29)
21. Abandon Ship (2:38)
22. Midway End Titles (4:03)
23. All Or Nothing At All – Performed by Annie Trousseau (4:03)