PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late January and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Arthur Schwartz Revisited pays tribute to the great Arthur Schwartz, composer of such shows as By the Beautiful Sea, The Band Wagon, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Gay Life, and Jennie. He also wrote for film, receiving an Oscar nomination for a song written with Frank Loesser, “They’re Either Too Young or Too Old” and another nomination for “A Gal in Calico.” Some of his all-time classic songs include “By Myself,” “I Guess I’ll Have to Change My Plan,” “Dancing in the Dark,” “Alone Together,” “You and the Night and the Music,” and, of course, the immortal “That’s Entertainment.”
But since this is a Ben Bagley album, it’s all about the rarities and there are some real treasures here, sung by a wonderful company of singers, including Cab Calloway, Phyllis Diller, Gloria DeHaven, Blossom Dearie, and, on a bonus track, the great Ethel Merman and Jimmy Durante, with musical direction by the wonderful Norman Paris.
This was one of the best produced of the Bagley series, and, for whatever reason, one of the rarest of the original out of print CDs. But, as always, we’ve spruced up the sound, and we of course give you the great Harvey Schmidt artwork.
1. What a Wonderful World Charles Rydell and Chorus
2. Blue Grass Blossom Dearie
3. Love Isn’t Born, It’s Made Gloria DeHaven
4. There’s No Holding Me Charles Rydell, Blossom Dearie
5. Miserable with You Phyllis Diller and Charles Rydell
6. In the Noonday Sun Charles Rydell, Chorus
7. Got a Bran’ New Suit Phyllis Diller, Cab Calloway, and Men
8. Tennessee Fish Fry Charles Rydell and Chorus
9. Goodbye to All That Gloria DeHaven and Three Pianos
10. Smokin’ Reefers Cab Calloway
11. That’s for Children Blossom Dearie
12. Haunted Heart Warde Donovan and Sexarella
13. You and I Know Blossom Dearie and Charles Rydell
14. Right at the Start of It Warde Donovan and Company
15. It’s All Yours Ethel Merman, Jimmy Durante