PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In collaboration with Silva Screen Records Ltd, Music Box Records proudly presents the remastered and expanded edition of Jerry Goldsmith's lavish fantasy score for Ridley Scott's 1985 film Legend, starring Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, David Bennent and Tim Curry.
Performed by the National Philharmonic Orchestra with a large choir and a broad mix of spellbinding electronic textures, Goldsmith's score features enchanting songs, a wide-ranging blend of melodies from the romantic themes for Tom Cruise's and Mia Sara's characters to motifs for goblins, unicorns, faeries and elves, and a brooding melody for Tim Curry's imposing character of Darkness. Ranging from evocative impressionism to grand, operatic statements, the score marked the apotheosis of Jerry Goldsmith's symphonic impressionism of the early 1980s and the composer himself ranked it as his finest work for many years.
This release features the slightly expanded film score on disc 1 and the original soundtrack album on disc 2. This new 2CD edition adds for the first time two previously unreleased cues and two alternate tracks. The sound has been entirely restored and carefully remastered by audio engineer Christophe Hénault. The CD comes with a 16-page booklet with liner notes by Jeff Bond, discussing the film and the score including new comments by engineer Mike-Ross Trevor on his collaboration with Jerry Goldsmith. The release is limited to 2000 units.
DISC 1 - THE FILM SCORE
1. Main Title / The Goblins (05:47)
2. My True Love's Eyes / The Cottage (05:05)
3. The Unicorns (07:54)
4. Living River / Bumps and Hollows / The Freeze (07:22)
5. Darkness Arisen* (00:45)
6. The Fairies / The Riddle (04:54)
7. Sing the Wee (01:09)
8. Playmates* (03:17)
9. Forgive Me (05:14)
10. Faerie Dance (01:53)
11. The Armour (02:18)
12. Oona / The Jewels (06:43)
13. The Dress Waltz (02:49)
14. Darkness Fails (07:29)
15. The Ring (06:30)
16. Reunited (05:20)
Disc 1 Time • 75:07
DISC 2 - REMASTERED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM
1. My True Love's Eyes (05:05)
2. The Riddle (03:42)
3. Sing the Wee (01:09)
4. The Goblins (03:44)
5. The Dress Waltz (02:46)
6. The Ring (06:28)
7. The Unicorns (07:55)
8. Bumps and Hollows (05:00)
9. Forgive Me (05:14)
10. Reunited (05:21)
11. Faerie Dance (Alternate) (01:53)
12. The Dress Waltz (Alternate) (03:02)
Disc 2 Time • 51:49
Total 2-CD Time • 126:56