PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid January and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Caldera Records is proud to present the original score for the motion picture “Lisa” from 2001, directed by Pierre Grimblat, featuring music by Gabriel Yared. The film tells the story of young filmmaker Sam (Benoît Magimel) who becomes obsessed with an unfinished 1939 picture entitled “Princess Marushka”. In fact, Sam’s fascination is not with the film, but with its lead actor Sylvain Marceau (Sagamore Stévenin) who had mysteriously disappeared during World War II. What happened to him? Was the film unfinished because of his disappearance? Where had he gone? In order to answer the question, Sam decides to make a documentary about Sylvain and sets off to interview all surviving friends and colleagues who might have some insight into his character. His most interesting lead in the investigation is the eponymous Lisa Morain (played by Jeanne Moreau and a young Marion Cotillard) who recounts her torrid love affair with the actor on the eve of the outbreak of World War II.
The music for “Lisa” was written by Academy Award winner Gabriel Yared (“The English Patient”). His large orchestral score was recorded at Abbey Road and is brimming with memorable, haunting themes and motifs. The focus is on the love between the heroine and Sylvain as the darker themes of the German occupation keep looming in the shadows with the main theme being passionate, powerful and moving, providing a glimmer of hope for the protagonists in the film. “Lisa” vanished soon after its premiere and the score has been neglected since – until now. One of Gabriel Yared's most moving works receives its first release ever and it is a delightful discovery for fans of the composer and passionate movie music in general.
The 23rd CD-release of Caldera Records features a detailed booklet-text by Gergely Hubai, new front- and back cover drawings by Helmut Breneis and elegant artwork by Luis Miguel Rojas. The CD was produced by Stephan Eicke and John Elborg.
1. Ouverture (1:58)
2. Cine´the´a^tre (3:59)
3. Monologue (1:02)
4. Joinville (0:57)
5. Mobilisation (1:22)
6. Escalier (1:01)
7. Kiosque (1:36)
8. Miroir (2:55)
9. Mirador (1:23)
10. Les enfants cache´s (2:55)
11. Gare de l'est (1:26)
12. Les Enferme´s (2:28)
13. Variation Mi mineur (2:22)
14. Sylvain enferme´ (1:31)
15. Kaddish (1:23)
16. Henriette et les enferme´s (2:25)
17. Henriette suit Lisa (2:32)
18. Mirador no 2 (1:20)
19. Arrestation (5:15)
20. Générique de fin (3:19)