PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of October 11, 2019 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
"Solis is a survival space thriller, with the main character in a race against time to meet his rescuer," explains composer David Stone Hamilton about the score. "We wanted to create a score that would reflect the increasing tension and impending doom with a musical "ticking time bomb" employed in different ways. Sometimes it's literally a ticking clock, and other times we use modernist percussion effects or col legno strings to give this effect. Our Solar theme represents the grandeur and almost hypnotic allure of the Sun as well as the existential threat it poses to our protagonist. Another prominent theme was the rising half step or minor second interval, which is a nod to John Williams' brilliant Jaws score to create the inherent tension with this dissonant interval. We also reserved some moments for a Korean instrument named the Haegeum, which has a truly otherworldly sound to it."
2. Main Title
3. Coolant Chamber
4. We Had a Son
7. Best Odds I've Had All Day
8. A Solis Triptych: 1. Death
9. A Solis Triptych: 2. Space Walk
10. A Solis Triptych: 3. Finale
11. Let Me Save You
12. End Credits
Total Time: 66:23