Score from the 1969 film by John Huston set in 14th century France.
Complete score rerecording using a combination of acoustic instruments and synthesizers expertly arranged by Robert Lafond.
1. Héron's Journey/Theme and Variations 1
2. Héron's Journey/Theme and Variations 2
3. Héron's Journey/Theme and Variations 3
4. Héron Goes to Dammartin/Theme and Variations
5. Héron Meets Claudia
6. Peasant's Processional Hymn
7. Héron at the Gypsy Camp
8. Héron Returns to Dammartin
9. Young Robert/Theme and Variations
10. Asleep Under the Stars
11. Reunited/The Wedding/End Titles
Heron of Foix (Assaf Dayan) hears the call of the ocean and leaves his school in Paris to walk to the sea. He meets the fair Claudia (Anjelica Huston) and the two fall in love and journey together to escape the ongoing Hundred Years War. They witness the brutal and bloody murder of a peasant who is drawn and quartered by the sadistic Sir Meles (John Hallam), the unforgiving tax collector who hates the poor. The couple seeks refuge in a monastery where the Father Superior (Anthony Nicholis) refuses their request to be married. This slow-paced but beautifully lensed feature marks the screen debut for Anjelica Huston. 1969.