This future pre-order title can only be added to your wish list at this time. The title will go on sale June 30, 2021 at 4:00 PM US Eastern Time. This item has a planned release for Late June
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
La-La Land Records, Paramount Pictures and Universal Music Special Markets presents the 35th Anniversary re-issue of renowned composer Harold Faltermeyer’s (FLETCH, TOP GUN, THE RUNNING MAN) original motion picture score to the legendary 1984 Paramount Pictures action/comedy BEVERLY HILLS COP, starring Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold and John Ashton, and directed by Martin Brest. Composer Faltermeyer defined the 80’s film score pop-synth sound and BEVERLY HILLS COP is arguably his most iconic work – and certainly his most influential, as its infectious themes and compositions have continued to inspire throughout the decades into the present day. The original film score is showcased in this deluxe presentation, which also includes bonus tracks -- and the original soundtrack release’s most notable songs, featuring the sizzling “The Heat is On,” performed by the late Glenn Frey (written by Faltermeyer and Keith Forsey), the hold-on-for-dear-life-truck-chase “Neutron Dance,” performed by The Pointer Sisters and more! Produced by for La-La Land Records by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this limited edition re-issue of 2000 units includes exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving, with new interview quotes from Faltermeyer, and Rodeo Drive-kind-of-classy art design by Goldwasser. A must for all film music fans. It’ll sound great blaring in your car – even if there’s a banana stuffed in your tailpipe!
(Aside from the anniversary notation on the front cover art, this release features the identical content and master as found on our 2016 release)
1. Foley Finds Mikey* 1:20
2. Bad Guys§ 1:23
3. Flowers* 0:23
4. Foley Busted* 1:29
5. Cops Follow Merc 0:43
6. Late Dinner / Warehouse* 2:48
7. Shoot Out 1:44
8. Customs 1:31
9. The New Team* 0:40
10. Chase to Harrow’s* 2:42
11. Rosewood / Foley to Gallery* 0:57
12. The Discovery* 2:15
13. Rosewood Saves Foley / Rosewood / Foley to Mansion 3:10
14. Good Guys on Grounds* 3:14
15. Foley Shoots a Bad Guy 1:22
16. Zack Shoots 1:06
17. Zack Shot 0:54
18. Maitland Shot§ 0:51
19. Shoot Out (alternate ending) 1:42
20. The Discovery* (alternate) 2:18
21. The Discovery (theme suite) 2:51
22. Zack Shot (alternate) 0:54
23. Axel F (album version) 3:00
24. Shoot Out (album version) 2:44
25. The Heat Is On 3:45
26. Neutron Dance 4:12
The Pointer Sisters
27. New Attitude 4:36
28. Do You Really (Want My Love?) 3:41
29. Stir It Up 3:36
TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 63:10
*contains “Axel F (Theme From Beverly Hills Cop)”
§ contains material not used in film
Album Time: 72:09