PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
La-La Land Records and Warner Bros. proudly present the remastered and expanded 2-CD reissue of legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith’s (PLANET OF THE APES, THE OMEN, STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, BASIC INSTINCT), original motion picture score to the 1978 big-screen bees-gone-amok THE SWARM, starring Michael Caine, Katherine Ross and Richard Widmark, and directed and produced by the remarkable Irwin Allen. Giant in scope and sound, Jerry Goldsmith’s rip-roaring action score is an indestructible, hard-charging marvel of orchestration. This remastered, deluxe “Expanded Archival Collection” presentation showcases the maestro’s film score on Disc One, while Disc Two presents the CD world premiere of the original 1978 LP program, featuring unique edits and takes, and additional bonus cues! Produced by Bruce Botnick and Neil S. Bulk and entirely re-mixed and mastered in high resolution by Botnick from first generation ½’’ analog studio vault elements, this special release is limited to 3000 units and features exclusive, in depth liner notes by “The Fantasy Film Worlds of Irwin Allen” author Jeff Bond and stingingly sharp art direction by Dan Goldwasser.
This release is MQA encoded. Listeners with an MQA decoder can enjoy this album in high resolution, up to 176.4 kHz/24-bit, from these Compact Discs. For more information please visit
DISC 1: THE FILM SCORE
1. Main Title (Film Version) 4:26
2. Red Two Reporting 2:23
3. The Black Mass 2:33
4. What Happened? / The Picnic 2:13
5. The Bees’ Picnic (Film Version) 2:20
6. On Their Way :59
7. Get Him Out 2:13
8. Plastic Hives / Old Friends 3:14
9. Don’t Take Him (Film Version) 4:26
10. The Boys And The Bees 2:04
11. Oh Maureen / We’ll Come Back 2:26
12. Bees On Fire 1:31
13. Toward Marysville :37
14. The Lollipop :42
15. A Gift Of Flowers 2:01
16. The Bees Arrive (Film Version) 4:54
17. A Boy’s Story 1:51
18. The Park :41
19. Condolences :59
20. Empty Town 1:38
21. Train Attack 2:26
22. No Effect 1:11
23. Tommy’s Death (Film Version) 3:24
24. Exact Instructions (Film Version) 7:16
25. Departed Friend 1:15
26. The Glasses / Houston Headquarters 3:48
27. Burn ‘Em Out :44
28. Get Reinforcements 2:29
29. Bees Inside (Film Version) 5:23
30. End Title (Film Version) 3:07
TOTAL DISC 1 TIME: 75:17
DISC 2: THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM
1. Main Title 3:42
2. A Gift Of Flowers 2:03
3. The Bees’ Picnic 2:20
4. Tommy’s Death 4:18
5. The Bees Arrive 5:51
6. Bees Inside 6:01
7. Don’t Take Him 2:30
8. Exact Instructions 4:39
9. A Boy’s Story 1:51
10. End Title 3:13
TOTAL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM TIME: 36:30
11. Main Title (Original Version) 4:29
12. No Effect (Alternate Take) 1:10
TOTAL ADDITIONAL MUSIC TIME: 5:39
TOTAL DISC 2 TIME: 42:09
TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 117:26