PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of October 20, 2020 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
HERRMANN, B: Whitman (reconstructed by C. Husted, 2019) (Sharp, Horwitz, Nicely, PostClassical Ensemble, Gil-Ordóñez)
Bernard Herrmann was famous for his film scores, but he was also a leading figure in music for radio, to which he brought his inimitable palette of mood and sonority. Whitman, whose subject is Walt Whitman’s collection of poems Leaves of Grass, was a 1944 radio drama, a genre now much neglected but revived in this newly restored version. Psycho: A Narrative for String Orchestra is not a suite or excerpts from the film but a concert work, re-ordered and re-composed, while Souvenirs de voyage is one of the most polished and seductive of all American chamber works. -NAXOS
Whitman, Walt, lyricist(s)
Husted, Christopher, arranger(s)
Whitman (reconstructed by C. Husted, 2019)
1. Introduction: I, Walt Whitman, heard that you asked for something to prove this puzzle the New World (Whitman) 00:00:45
2. Welcome: You! Whoever you are! (Whitman) 00:01:27
3. Perpetual Journey: I tramp a perpetual journey (Whitman) 00:04:10
4. Listen: Listen: when the psalm sings instead of the singer (Whitman, Stranger, Cynic) 00:02:07
5. Cosmos: A cosmos, of Manhattan, the son! (Whitman, Stranger) 00:01:15
6. Song: A simple separate person (Whitman, Cynic) 00:02:19
7. Oath: I celebrate myself, and sing myself (Whitman, Child) 00:03:05
8. Miracles: I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey - work of the stars (Whitman, Child) 00:02:05
9. Battle: Of life immense in passion, pulse and power, I sing (Whitman) 00:01:22
10. War: I will acknowledge contemporary lands (Whitman, Radio Voice) 00:06:08
11. Ships: Flaunt out, O sea, your separate flags of nations! (Whitman) 00:02:08
12. Divinity: Listener out there! (Whitman) 00:01:40
13. Finale: I see not America only (Whitman) 00:02:26
Souvenirs de voyage
14. I. Lento: Molto tranquillo 00:09:57
15. II. Berceuse: Andante 00:06:56
16. III. Andantino: Canto amoroso 00:07:33
Mauceri, John, arranger
17. Psycho: A Narrative for String Orchestra (reconstructed by J. Mauceri for string orchestra) 00:15:49
Total Disc Time: 01:11:12