PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of October 23, 2020 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records, in collaboration with MovieScore Media, releases the score from the Chinese science-fiction movie THE SECRET OF IMMORTAL CODE, written by emerging Thai composer Pantawit Kiangsiri. Directed by Wei Li and Nan Zhang and stylishly shot in black and white, the film takes place in a dystopian future where the world’s population has become sick. To save her dying sister, Ziqi Lin (Jing Liang) embarks on a journey to the Arctic to seek her last hope, with guidance and help from a pharmaceutical tycoon, Dr. Yao (Lixin Zhao). Unknown to Ziqi is that the journey of hope is actually part of a dangerous conspiracy that threatens everyone’s life.
Performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, the score is a love letter to many maestros of our common sci-fi past, particularly Jerry Goldsmith. “After producer Wang Donghui explained his vision to revolutionize Chinese science fiction with THE SECRET OF IMMORTAL CODE, I immediately knew it was a chance to fulfill my childhood musical dreams,” says the composer. “I wanted to create something excitingly new but at the same time pay musical tribute to my favorite sci-fi film scores of the past. In the orchestral part, I paid homage to my composer heroes such as Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, James Horner and Christopher Young. As for something new, large chunks of the music were scored by using only double bass, with soloist Ryan Baird coming up with a variety of strange sounds that can be produced by this instrument acoustically.”
Pantawit Kiangsiri is a composer from Thailand who has written for films, television, video games and the concert hall. After scoring over two dozen shorts, his score for THE SECRET OF IMMORTAL CODE marks his first major genre release in theatres. His other credits include writing music for Warner Brothers, Netflix, Digital Domain, Sony and Vevo. Kiangsiri graduated from the Scoring for Motion Pictures and Television Program at USC, having studied with Bruce Broughton and Christopher Young.
1. Main Title(Theme from “The Secret of Immortal Code”) (1:50)
2. Underground Lab and Raid (2:54)
3. The City (1:35)
4. Home Argument (2:20)
5. The Mission (2:42)
6. Diary and Old Memories (3:10)
7. Man in the Box (2:27)
8. Blood Sample (2:42)
9. Lab Test (1:45)
10. Healing & Little Guys Dance (3:25)
11. Emergency Power (3:25)
12. Confrontation and Transformation (3:47)
13. Blood on the Wall (2:05)
14. Saving Her Life (1:35)
15. Monster (2:07)
16. Shoot Me (2:12)
17. You’re Evil: Part 1 (3:15)
18. You’re Evil: Part 2 (1:35)
19. She’s Infected (3:05)
20. Going Down with the Ship (1:25)
21. Message from the Arctic (4:06)
22. The Chase (4:55)
23. The Arctic (1:47)
24. End Title (Suite from “The Secret of Immortal Code”) (6:12)
25. Little Guys Dance (bonus track) (1:10)
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION OF 300 UNITS