PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid May and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Rodgers and Hart Revisited IV was the fourth of what would become a five-volume set of rare Rodgers and Hart songs, an amazing set of mostly undiscovered (especially at the time the albums were done) Rodgers and Hart gems. Those five volumes were one of the crown jewels of the Ben Bagley Revisited series. For the fourth volume, Bagley gathered together a pretty stellar company, including Elaine Stritch, Anthony Perkins, Lynn Redgrave, Nancy Andrews, Blossom Dearie, and crooner, Johnny Desmond. The arrangements and orchestrations are by frequent Bagley collaborator, Dennis Deal.
Rodgers’ work with Hart is brilliant and original, jazzy, romantic, and fabulously inventive. In this, the fourth volume, you get rarities from Heads Up, I Married an Angel, Simple Simon,Garrick Gaities, Two Weeks with Pay, I’d Rather Be Right, Chee Chee, and cut songs from Pal Joey, By Jupiter, and Betsy. Rediscovering this rare material is a gift from the heavens and the cast here is just wonderful.
These albums were and still are a tonic for this crazy world. Brilliantly constructed, witty, fun, heartfelt, and even occasionally sentimental, but all in their style, which was like no one else’s. We all know the classics, but what fun to discover the rarities.
As we’ve done for all these releases, we’ve considerably spruced up the sound for this new release. And the cover art is, of course, by the great Harvey Schmidt. -KRITZERLAND
1. Heads Up Medley:
Knees – Men and Women
It Must Be Heaven – Johnny Desmond
Me for You – Men and Women
2. I Love You More than Yesterday – Lynn Redgrave
3. I Can Do Wonders with You – Anthony Perkins and Blossom Dearie
4. Queen Elizabeth – Lynn Redgrave
5. Now That I Know You – Johnny Desmond
6. I Married an Angel Medley:
Did You Ever Get Stung? – Nancy Andrews and her Men
A Twinkle in Your Eye – Blossom Dearie
How to Win Friends and Influence People – Nancy Andrews and her Men
7. I’d Rather Be Right Medley:
Take and Take and Take – Women
I’d Rather Be Right – Johnny Desmond
Sweet Sixty-Five – Men and Women
8. I’m Talking to My Pal – Anthony Perkins
9. Fool Meets Fool – Lynn Redgrave and Men
10. A Little Souvenir – Elaine Stritch
11. You’re the Mother Type – Nancy Andrews and Anthony Perkins
12. Moon of My Delight – Blossom Dearie
13. Grand Finale – Nancy Andrews and Chorus
Musical Direction, Vocal Arrangements, and Orchestrations by Dennis Deal