PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Charming, outrageous, lyrical, extraordinary, pithy, rarified, tuneful, earnest, ravishing – put them all together and what do they spell? Cole Porter, a master of melody and lyric invention the likes of which are rarified indeed. To that we can add witty, urbane, naughty, heartfelt, impish, and sophisticated. A simple list of his song titles embody all those qualities, from “Let’s Misbehave” and “Let’s Do It” to “Night and Day,” “Love for Sale,” “I Get a Kick Out of You,” “Anything Goes,” “All Through the Night,” “You’re the Top,” “Blow, Gabriel, Blow,” “Begin the Beguine,” “Just One of Those Things,” “It’s DeLovely,” “Ridin’ High,” “You’d Be So Easy to Love,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “In the Still of the Night,” and many, many more.
Cole Porter Volume III (for this one, Bagley dispensed with the “Revisited” moniker) includes many rarities, with a great cast, this time mostly some legendary ladies, including Elaine Stritch, Dolores Gray, Lynn Redgrave, Helen Gallagher, Georgia Engel, and representing the male animal, the ubiquitous Arthur Siegel. Songs from Fifty Million Frenchman, Gay Divorce, Nymph Earrant, Wake Up and Dream, Let’s Face It and more, including songs from unproduced films and songs cut from various shows. The arrangements and orchestrations of Dennis Deal really shine, too. As we’ve done for all these releases, we’ve considerably spruced up the sound for this new release. And the cover art is, of course, by the great Harvey Schmidt.
1. Wake Up and Dream Nancy Grennan and Chorus
2. Find Me a Primitive Man
Elaine Stritch and Les Boys
3. I Like Pretty Things Georgia Engel and Girls
4. Make a Date with a Great Psychoanalyst
5. Baby Let’s Dance The Darktown Strutters
6. What Are Little Husbands Made Of/
Why Marry Them Lynn Redgrave
7. I’m in Love/You’re in Love
Georgia Engel and Chorus
8. You’re Too Far Away Dolores Gray
9. A Lady Needs a Rest Lynn Redgrave and Girls
10. Her Heart Was in Her Work
Arthur Siegel, Lynn Redgrave
11. Who Would Have Dreamed Dolores Gray
12. I Wanted to Be Raided by You
Lynn Redgrave and Girls
13. I Wrote a Play Arthur Siegel
14. Prize Guy of Guys Helen Gallagher
15. What Am I To Do? Lynn Redgrave
16. When Love Beckoned Elaine Stritch
17. Pretty Little Missus Bell Georgia Engel and Boys
18. It’s Just Yours
Lynn Redgrave, Arthur Siegel, and Chorus
Musical Direction and Arrangements by Dennis Deal