PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late September and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In collaboration with BMG and Gruppo Sugar, Music Box Records proudly presents on the same album three original motion picture soundtracks which highlight the collaboration between composer Philippe Sarde and Pierre Granier-Deferre: Adieu poulet (The French Detective, 1975), L'Ami de Vincent (A Friend of Vincent, 1983) and L'Étoile du Nord (The North Star, 1982).
Pierre Granier-Deferre was undoubtedly one of Sarde’s favourite and most faithful collaborators, one of his first “fathers in cinema”, in the same way as Claude Sautet, Georges Lautner or Bertrand Tavernier. This new album highlights three scores from the fruitful collaboration between the composer and the French director. The short score to crime thriller Adieu poulet (orchestrated by Hubert Rostaing) showcases his ability to capture the film’s core with his dissonant and jazz soundscape which includes piano, trumpet, drums and assorted percussion. For the psychological drama L’Étoile du Nord, Sarde composed a melancholic score that gives a central role to Marcel Azzola’s accordion with a melody that sounds like a popular café-concert tune. For L'Ami de Vincent, Sarde added the lyrical touch to his score associated with the powerful performance of the London Symphony Orchestra (conducted by Peter Knight) and the incomparable American trumpeter Clark Terry.
The program has been assembled, produced and supervised by Philippe Sarde and Édouard Dubois. This present edition has been fully remastered from complete scoring session elements and includes previously unreleased tracks. The CD comes with a 12-page booklet with liner notes by Christian Lauliac, discussing the films and the scores. The release is limited to 500 units.
01. Générique (1:06)
02. Proxénétisme et corruption (2:23)
03. Jazz trio (Ferrer le poisson) (3:07)
04. Les Poulets à l'hôpital (2:40)
05. Générique de fin (2:23)
L'AMI DE VINCENT
06. Vincent (4:18)
07. Amalia (4:50)
08. Revue Broadway (4:41)
09. Revue brésilienne (Samba multicolore) (4:38)
10. Tango parisien (Thé dansant) (2:57)
L'ÉTOILE DU NORD
11. L'étoile du Nord (2:08)
12. Louise (2:07)
13. Édouard (2:13)
14. Pour Simone (1:46)
15. Pour Pierre (1:13)
16. Yasmina (1:46)
17. Pour Philippe (2:24)
18. Les tramways de Charleroi (1:04)