PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early November and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Labyrinth of Peace is a 6-part Swiss mini-series, set in the spring of 1945 after the end of the Second World War. Switzerland, the neutral small country at the heart of Europe, was all but spared: Klara, her fiancé Johann and his brother Egon are looking bright-eyed into the future. While Klara tries to mend the wounds of the war by caring for young, displaced holocaust survivors, Johann, who works for her industrialist father, hopes to save and modernize his father-in-law's well-established, yet troubled textile company. Just home from military service, Egon takes his first steps in the Attorney General's office. His mission: to hunt down escaped Nazis. All three of them soon realize that the facade of peace is bought with the blood of the victims of war. Johann's professional ambitions bring him closer to those who committed unspeakable war crimes. Klara risks her marriage while growing ever closer to Herschel, one of the survivors, who are all met with distrust by the locals. And Egon finds himself caught in a system that willingly turns a blind eye towards Nazi criminals for the sake of profit.
The task of composing the music to accompany Labyrinth of Peace was entrusted to Annette Focks, one of the most renowned German film composers. Her music was recorded with the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague - conductor: Adam Klemens. Annette Focks impressively succeeds in composing a score which capturing both the ambivalence of the time and the network of relationships between the characters. The running time of the CD is approx. 66 minutes.
01. Opener 0:36
02. Klara und Johann 2:07
03. Buchenwaldkinder 2:38
04. Hochzeitsnacht 4:34
05. Durchsuchung 4:15
06. Heimkehr 0:49
07. Glücklicher Augenblick 2:01
08. Labormaterial in Nazikisten 6:46
09. Das Gebet 3:52
10. Geständnis 1:47
11. Hoffnung 0:49
12. Bruderliebe/Bruderhass 2:59
13. Dämonen 4:57
14. Pakt mit dem Bösen 3:16
15. Herschel ist enttäuscht 1:46
16. Abgrund 2:22
17. Beerdigung 0:56
18. Zusammenbruch 4:47
19. Ausflug 1:56
20. Egons Wut 5:08
21. Finales Drama 2:17
22. Zukunft 3:01
23. Epilog 0:46
24. Credits 0:49
25. Erinnerung 0:53
Music composed by Annette Focks
Music Performed by the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague – conductor: Adam Klemens