PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid September and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents CRAIG SAFAN: HORROR MACABRE VOLUME 1, featuring music composed by Craig Safan for two projects from his extensive filmography. CRAIG SAFAN: HORROR MACABRE VOLUME 1 includes music from DARKROOM, the short-lived horror anthology from 1981 along with Craig’s score for his very first film, THE DEMON’S DAUGHTER.
DARKROOM was a weekly television series on ABC hosted by James Coburn in which two horrific tales unfolded back-to-back within its hour-long time slot. The show was conceived in the vein of other short horror-thriller programs such as ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, THRILLER, THE OUTER LIMITS, and NIGHT GALLERY.
The bulk of the music for DARKROOM was composed by Safan who had already made a name for himself scoring THE GREAT TEXAS DYNAMITE CHASE and FADE TO BLACK and would further his prolific career by authoring beloved scores for THE LAST STARFIGHTER, REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS, THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN, and all two-hundred and seventy-one episodes of the hit television series CHEERS. The original pilot episode of DARKROOM including the theme for the show was originally penned by David Shire (THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE, RETURN TO OZ). Safan took over scoring duties beginning with the second episode.
THE DEMON’S DAUGHTER is the composer’s first film score, written for an unreleased short film directed by a fledgling student from the American Film Institute named John McTiernan (DIE HARD, PREDATOR, THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER). Coming from a world of writing pop songs, Safan had never composed a film score before. As soon as he got his taste, he knew he had found his calling.
Emmy-nominated and eight-time ASCAP award-winning composer Craig Safan has scored more than one hundred feature films, television and documentaries, has had more than 50 soundtrack albums of his music produced, as well as having three original albums of his own impressionistic music released. He’s been commissioned to compose for ballet as well as for live performance of silent films and was given the Poledouris Film Music Legend Award at the 2014 International Film Music Festival in Cordoba, Spain.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents CRAIG SAFAN: HORROR MACABRE VOLUME 1, feaaturing the premiere release of his music for DARKROOM and THE DEMON’S DAUGHTER on compact disc, featuring Craig Safan’s music mastered by James Nelson of Digital Outland. The booklet contains liner notes written by author and composer Brian Satterwhite and includes comments from the composer.
CD 1: Darkroom
1. The Bogeyman Will Get You (1981) (13:26)
2. Uncle George (1981) (4:08)
3. Make-Up (1981) (15:26)
4. A Quiet Funeral (1981) (9:04)
5. The Partnership (1981) (8:13)
6. Daisies (1981) (2:22)
7. Catnip (1981) (10:59)
8. Lost In Translation (1981) (7:32)
Total Time - CD 1 (71:36)
CD 2: Darkroom
1. Guillotine (1982) (23:49)
The Demon’s Daughter:
2. The Birth of the Unholy One (6:07)
3. My Name is Lilith (5:26)
4. The Mark Of The Devil (7:39)
5. Like Father, Like Daughter (8:17)
Total Time - CD 2 (51:33)
CRAIG SAFAN: HORROR MACABRE VOLUME 1 is a limited edition release of 500 units.