Dragon’s Domain Records presents CHUCK CIRINO: EROTIC THRILLERS, featuring music composed by Chuck Cirino (CHOPPING MALL, NOT OF THIS EARTH, DEATHSTALKER II and RETURN OF SWAMP THING ) for two films from his filmography, SINS OF DESIRE and HAUNTING FEAR.
The success of BASIC INSTINCT in 1992 saw an incredible boom of like-minded erotic thrillers in the home video market. Released almost a year later, SINS OF DESIRE was directed by Jim Wynorski (CHOPPING MALL, NOT OF THIS EARTH, DEATHSTALKER II and RETURN OF SWAMP THING), written by Peter Liapis and Mark Thomas McGee, starring Gail Thackray, John Henry Richardson, Delia Sheppard, Tanya Roberts, Carrie Stevens, Nick Cassavetes, Jan-Michael Vincent, Becky LeBeau, Monique Parent and Ace Mask.
SINS OF DESIRE begins with Monica (Thackray), who is a patient of Dr. Callister (Richardson), a sex therapist. While she’s unconscious, Callister takes advantage of her and she panics, forcing him to kill her by accident. Callister and his wife, Jessica (Sheppard), also a doctor, bury Monica. Unknown to them, Monic was investigating their clinic for her boss, Mitchum (Cassavettes), a private detective. The Callisters hire a hitman (Vincent) to kill Mitchum. When he fails, they kill the hitman. After a former patient of Callister’s kills herself, her sister, Kay (Roberts) goes undercover as a nurse at the clinic to find out what happened. As Kay gets closer to the truth, she also gets closer to Mitchum.
Based on the classic Edgar Allan Poe story ‘Premature Burial’, HAUNTING FEAR was written and directed Fred Olen Ray, starring Brinke Steven, Jan-Michael Vincent, John Henry Richardson, Delia Sheppard, Karen Black, Robert Clarke, Robert Quarry, Michael Berryman and Hoke Howell. Released in 1990, the film follows Victoria (Stevens), who has an irrational fear of being buried alive. Victoria consults her doctor (Clarke) and is given medication to help her sleep but this only amplifies her fears. Unable to help her, Dr. Carlton refers her to another doctor, Harcourt (Black), who begins using hypnotism to deal with Victoria’s mental block. Victoria’s husband, Terry (Richardson) has been secretly having an affair with his secretary, Lisa (Sheppard) and has racked up some serious debt. Terry conceives of a plan to kill Victoria and use the inheritance to pay off his debt. Terry and Lisa decide to bury Victoria alive in order to scare her to death but their plan backfires and Victoria returns for some bloody vengeance.
Chuck Cirino did not start his career as a composer, but rather as a programmer in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania for a Public Access cable TV station, where he learned how to create TV shows by himself, without a crew. In his spare time, he experimented with the station’s video equipment and created a series of genre productions that allowed him the opportunity to learn how to incorporate special effects into his work. After relocating to California, Cirino transitioned into directing high-end special effects television commercials. His first work as composer was for the 1980 cult film GYPSY ANGELS, which starred Vanna White and Richard Roundtree. Since then he has scored films for Roger Corman, directed music videos for bands like Earth, Wind & Fire and The Dickies’ KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE, and has recorded over 40 music soundtracks for feature films including SORCERESS, HARD TO DIE, TRANSYLVANIA TWIST, and many others. Most recently, he has scored A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS, A DOGGONE HOLLYWOOD and A DOGGONE ADVENTURE.
Chuck has worked as a producer, director, filmmaker, videographer, animator, special effects technician, editor, and composer. He executive produces and directs WEIRD TV, a television series featuring weird Americans, bizarre news, unbelievable events and outlandish skits. Chuck’s credits also include executive producer and director of the Sci Fi Channel projects, WORLDWIDE WEIRD and WARPED IN SPACE, and BABERELLAS, an independent Sci Fi feature distributed by Xenon Pictures.
Chuck also produced BURNING MAN 1994, the very first documentary on the subject. Chuck works and resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Flordilyn and a cat, Too Too. His spare time is spent growing an experimental back-yard, permaculture food forest.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents CHUCK CIRINO: EROTIC THRILLERS, featuring music composed by Chuck Cirino for SINS OF DESIRE and HAUNTING FEAR, appearing for the first time on compact disc. The music has been mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland and the liner notes have been written by noted author Randall Larson, with the participation of the composer.
Disc 1: SINS OF DESIRE
01. Cinetel Films Logo/Electric Dreams (1:33)
02. The Second Sin (4:16)
03. The Unforgiven (2:11)
04. Main Title (1:30)
05. Distance (3:00)
06. Broad Daylight/Hands Off Jessica/Ask A Cop/Better Get Going (3:05)
07. The Meeting/The Following/On The Safe Side (3:50)
08. The Killer (3:23)
09. The Hit (2:40)
10. Snooping/Killing The Killer/Killed My Sister/The Dream (4:01)
11. To The Clinic/Not Expensive/Enough/Pink Sundance (2:22)
12. Corridors/Avoidance/The Third/Door/Room Search (3:30)
13. Found The Tape/Watch Them Go/An Idea/Cooked Goose/The Bait (4:01)
14. Chase (2:23)
15. Callister’s Aim (3:06)
16. The Tube/Just Walk Away (3:52)
17. Theme To Sins Of Desire (2:39)
18. Sins Of Desire (3:46)
(Becky LeBeau/Steven Weinberg)
Performed by Becky LeBeau
Total Time: 55:55
Disc 2: HAUNTING FEAR
01. Main Titles (1:54)
02. Father/Early Waking/Coffee Spill/Best To Carlton (5:00)
03. Vicki's Bath/Watcher/Distractions/The Bad Dreams/Smokey House/Sleep Well/To Die For (4:50)
04. I’m Not Dead/I’m Still Not Dead (5:22)
05. Coroner's Sheet/House Walk/Wrong About Me/Watcher Comes Out (3:21)
06. I Sure Hope So/The Debt/Disappearing Cop/The Oozing Skull (3:13)
07. Transition/Lullaby/Lisa In A Car/ Hypnosis (5:13)
08. Beddy Bye/Out Cold/The Reality/Wake Up Call/Breakout (5:02)
09. Silverware/Various Troubles/Arguments (4:51)
10. Candlestick/Hubby Stab/Stabbings/Police Call/Shooting (7:03)
11. The Fear Of Haunting (End Title) (2:30)
12. Main Titles/Father (Alternate) (5:58)
13. Vicki's Bath/Watcher/Distractions/The Bad Dreams (Alternate) (4:06)
14. I’m Still Not Dead(Alternate) (9:02)
15. Lullaby/Lisa In A Car/Hypnosis/The Reality (Alternate) (3:06)
16. Candlestick/Shooting/End Title (Alternate) (5:41)
Total Time: 76:55