PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early April and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Previously released over 20 years ago on CD, David Shire’s captivating soundtrack to The Conversation is reissued in remastered form alongside new artwork and album notes from film music journalist Michael Beek. Francis Ford Coppola’s 1974, tense contemporary thriller, gives The Godfather: Part II a run for its money when it comes to citing the director’s best. The Academy Awards agreed, nominating both for a Best Picture Oscar in its 1974 batch, though the brilliant Corleone sequel would pip The Conversation to the post on the night.
Gene Hackman plays hi-tech wiretapper Harry Caul, a master in his field but away from his job a socially awkward loner. Composer David Shire captures his twilight world with a magnificent score entirely performed on solo piano. The jazz flavour counteracts perfectly alongside Harry’s lonely sax playing in his apartment, his escape from his insidious occupation.
Shire, Coppola’s brother-in-law having married his sister Talia had made his mark on Broadway and Hollywood as a composer, songwriter and arranger. His scores include some of the biggest films of the 1970s including The Taking Of Pelham 123, All The President’s Men and Norma Rae, the latter securing him an Oscar for Best Music, Original Song, It Goes Like It Goes.
1.Theme From 'The Conversation'
2. The End Of The Day
3. No More Questions / Phoning The Director
4. Blues For Harry (Combo)
5. To The Office / The Elevator
6. Whatever Was Arranged
7. The Confessional
8. Amy's Theme
9. Dream Sequence
10. Plumbing Problem
11. Harry Carried
12. The Girl In The Limo
13. Finale And End Credits
14. Theme From 'The Conversation' (Ensemble)