BSX Records presents THE BRUCE ROWLAND COLLECTION, VOLUME 1, featuring music composed by Bruce Rowland featuring suites and themes from the composer’s lengthy filmography along with several original compositions. Australian composer Bruce Rowland’s music is noted for its expansive orchestral melodies and use of solo piano as a primary instrument in the orchestra. Rowland is a self-taught musician who spent many years as a songwriter and creator of commercial jingles before the opportunity arose to score films. The music on this collection comes from recently recorded tracks arranged and conducted by the composer, who also played the piano solos.
THE BRUCE ROWLAND COLLECTION, Volume 1 includes music from films such as THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER, PHAR LAP, RETURN TO SNOWY RIVER, ANDRE and THE CUP and noted television projects such as ALL THE RIVERS RUN, THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY, PONDEROSA and NOW AND FOREVER.
Bruce Rowland’s fascination with music began as a child. He grew up in a musical household in Melbourne, and as a teenager studied piano and played with various pop bands. He worked with pop group The Strangers during the 1960s, and toured with international artists including Roy Orbison and The Beach Boys. Bruce developed much of his early skill as a composer on the popular teenage television series THE GO SHOW, where he was responsible for playing keyboard and writing arrangements for guest artists including Olivia Newton-John and Billy Thorpe. Later, he worked for five years as the composer for children’s television programs MAGIC CIRCLE CLUB and ADVENTURE ISLAND. His career spans a multitude of motion pictures, cable movies, mini-series, series, animations and special live events. Bruce is the proud recipient of multiple awards, including a 2006 APRA International Achievement Award for his services to film. In 2000, Bruce wrote and conducted the music for the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympic Games, which included a special rendition of Bruce’s score for THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER.
BSX RECORDS presents THE BRUCE ROWLAND COLLECTION, Volume 1, featuring liner notes written by author Randall D. Larson, mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland.
1. The Man From Snowy River (Concert Suite) (15:31)
2. April (Original Piece) (3:20)
3. Hero To A Nation - From Phar Lap (2:13)
4. Jessica's Theme - Solo Piano From The Man From Snowy River (3:56)
5. Cattle Drive (Original Piece) (2:18)
6. Jasper Morello - From The Mysterious Geographical Explorations of Jasper Morello (6:10)
7. Bringing In The Brumbies - From The Man From Snowy River (3:38)
8. It Doesn’t Have To be Forever (Original Piece) (3:22)
9. The Old Sea Captain - From All The Rivers Run (2:12)
10. Grandma’s Theme - From Flash (2:10)
11. Taming Paint - From Ponderosa (3:41)
12. By The Fireside - From Return to Snowy River (2:11)
13. Jessica's Sonata No 2. - From Return to Snowy River (1:58)
14. Seal Ballet - From Andre (2:49)
15. Jessie Has A Cry - From Now And Forever (1:54)
16. Rush To Perth - From The Cup (1:54)
17. Leaving - From Zeus And Roxanne (2:57)
18. Let Nature Take Its Course - From Andre (1:39)
19. Setting Out - From Ponderosa (2:05)
20. Damien's Dilemma - The Cup (3:13)
21. Back To The Mountains - From Return to Snowy River (3:02)
Total Time: 73:04