Dragon’s Domain Records presents GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK/SILENT RAGE, featuring music from two films starring the legend Chuck Norris and featuring music composed by Craig Safan (REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS, THE LAST STARFIGHTER, THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN) for GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK and for SILENT RAGE, music composed by Peter Bernstein (MY SCIENCE PROJECT, 21 JUMP STREET, ROUGH RIDERS) and Mark Goldenberg (CLASS REUNION, TEEN WOLF TOO).
Released in 1978, GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK was directed by Ted Post (MAGNUM FORCE) and is the film often credited with introducing Chuck Norris as a major Hollywood heavyweight. Towards the end of the Vietnam War, US Senator Conrad Morgan (James Franciscus) makes a deal with a North Vietnamese negotiator to release key CIA prisoners-of-war in exchange for setting up a death-trap for an elite group of CIA assassins known as the Black Tigers. The treaty is signed and the Black Tigers, led by John T. Booker (Mr. Norris) are sent into the jungle to face certain death. Despite all odds, Booker survives along with four of his CIA compatriots. Five years later, Booker discovers that the remaining members of his Black Tigers are being assassinated one by one. Will Booker be next?
Safan’s score for GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK is a rich blend of musical ingredients ubiquitous throughout 1970s action films—saxophones, flutes, synthesizers, wah-wah pedal guitars, and bass, featuring a catchy main theme and ample amounts of synth and live percussion to propel the action.
Released in 1982, SILENT RAGE stars Chuck Norris as small-town Texas Sheriff Dan Stevens who pursues and arrests a double-homicidal mentally-ill psychopath named John Kirby (Brian Libby). After Kirby breaks free of his handcuffs and escapes Stevens’ squad car, officers open fire riddling Kirby with bullets. Severely injured and near death, Kirby is transported to an institute where his psychiatrist, Dr. Halman (Ron Silver) conspires to save his patient using a secret formula manufactured to enhance cellular strength and regeneration. Kirby miraculously awakens fully rejuvenated and virtually indestructible. Now, only one man stands between Kirby and his hapless victims...
The synth-centric minimalistic underscore for SILENT RAGE was composed by then newcomers Peter Bernstein and Mark Goldenberg. The music for SILENT RAGE was composed in the vein of synth-horror mainstays like HALLOWEEN by John Carpenter and SUSPIRIA by Goblin.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK/SILENT RAGE, featuring the premiere release of music for GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK and SILENT RAGE on compact disc, featuring music mastered by James Nelson of Digital Outland. The booklet contains liner notes written by author and composer Brian Satterwhite.
GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK - (CRAIG SAFAN)
01. Good Guys Wear Black Main Theme (2:25)
02. Helicopter/Jungle Madness/The Set-Up/Get Out (4:04)
03. Booker’s Wheels/The Big Screen (3:56)
04. Good And Bad/Big Noise/Booker Thinks (3:01)
05. Traveltown Jitters/Gordie Travels/Ominous Woogie (2:45)
06. Hesitant Persons (1:39)
07. Tramway Travels (2:32)
08. Snow Shot (1:58)
09. Margaret’s End/Meet Mhin/Booker Goes Through Windshield (3:42)
10. Washington D.C./Spread Eagles (1:43)
11. The Bit (1:40)
12. Big Splash/Good Guys Wear Black Main Theme (Reprise) (4:40)
SILENT RAGE - (PETER BERNSTEIN / MARK GOLDENBERG)
13. Main Title/First Killing (3:29)
14. John Watching Tom (2:41)
15. John In The House/Tom Shoots John/Tom Gets It (2:47)
16. Nancy Runs/Out Of The Closet/John Kills Nancy (2:48)
17. Meet The Family/Alison Finds Bodies/John’s Escape/Taking Acid/John Survives Lethal Injection (3:55)
18. Charlie’s Sacrifice/Hunting Alison (3:24)
19. The Elevator/Flying Lesson (4:24)
20. Driving Lesson/Wet (2:30)
21. It’s All Over/End Title (5:15)
22. Silent Rage Theme (Extended 12” Version) (6:04)
Total Time: 72:23