PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late November and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
The original MGM soundtrack re-release of the ground-breaking electronic score to the timeless 1956 science fiction classic.
MGM's first big-budget science fiction film, "Forbidden Planet" combined state-of-the-art special effects with a storyline based on Shakespeare's The Tempest. In the 23rd century, Cmdr. J. J. Adams (Leslie Nielsen) guides United Planets cruiser C-57-D on a rescue mission to faraway planet Altair-4. Twenty years earlier, Earth ship Bellerophon disappeared while en route to Altair-4. Only the ship's philologist Dr. Morbius (Walter Pidgeon) survived; in the intervening decades, Morbius has created an Edenlike world of his own, for the benefit of himself and his nubile young daughter Altaira (Anne Francis). His private paradise is zealously guarded by Robby the Robot, a piece of technology far in advance of anything on earth. When Adams and his crew land on Altair-4, Morbius announces that he has no intention of being rescued and returned to Earth. When Adams attempts to contact home base, he finds his radio equipment has been smashed by some unseen force. Holding Morbius responsible, Adams confronts the scientist, who decides to tell all. At one time, according to Morbius, Altair-4 was populated by the Krel, a wise, intellectually superior race. Using leftover Krel technology, Morbius has doubled his intellect and gained the ability to shape a new world to his own specifications. "Forbidden Planet" was a big influence on future sci-fi outer-space efforts, especially Star Trek. -GNP
1. Main Title
3. Once Around Affair
4. The Landing
5. Flurry Of Dust
6. Shangri-La In The Desert
8. Robby, Make Me A Gown
9. An Invisible Monster Approaches
10. Robby Arranges Flowers
11. Love At The Swimming Hole
12. Morbius Study
13. Ancient Krell Music
14. The Mind Booster
15. Krell Shuttle Ride and Power Station
16. Giant Footprints In The Sand
17. Nothing Like A Claw Found In Nature
18. Robby, The Cook, And 60 Gallons Of Booze
19. Battle With Invisible Monster
20. Come Back To Earth With Me
21. The Monster Pursues
22. The Homecoming
23. Overture Reprise