PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
BSX Records presents ALAN HOWARTH LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD THEATER, featuring music composed and performed by Alan Howarth from his filmography performed live.
The week before Halloween 2014, composer Alan Howarth presented a live show of his film music in Portland, Oregon. It was a kind of pinnacle of Howarth’s nearly forty years of music and sound design for motion pictures that began with creating sound effects for STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE in 1979, found him co-composing the music for a number of director/composer John Carpenter’s films, and moving on to have a successful career scoring films up into the current day.
The music on this album comes from that 2014 concert, held at the historic Hollywood Theater in Portland, Oregon. Howarth recorded the show using a board mix [allowing the live sound to be mixed in real time during the performance], with a digital tape recorder placed on the stage to record the live audience ambiance, which was added to the final mix. The vinyl album of that concert was initially issued on the Wyrd War label in 2018, with a pressing of 500 copies that sold out quickly. BSX?Records is now pleased to present and preserve this concert for the first time on CD as we celebrate the music of Alan Howarth Live!
Howarth had taken his music on the road for the first time in 2008, when he was invited to participate in a Q&A session at the HALLOWEEN “30 Years of Terror” convention, held at the Pasadena Convention Center. Rather than talking about the music, Howarth played it live, using the Logic digital audio workstation software application on his laptop along with a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) keyboard. The event was a success and as a result Howarth wound up developing a full concert of his music for a show in Kraków, Poland in 2010. He met an Australian video artist named Jade Boyd, and she created unique video artistry based on the films which was projected during subsequent concerts. Since then, he’s had sold-out shows at such venues as the 2011 Unsound Festival in New York City and Synthplex in Burbank, California, and returned to Europe for concerts in Geneva, St. Petersburg, Toronto, London, and Paris.
Alan Howarth, in addition to being a composer, is an accomplished sound designer and editor, having worked on films such as STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, POLTERGEIST, TOTAL RECALL, ARMY OF DARKNESS, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, STARGATE and many others. He has been a frequent music collaborator with John Carpenter on his films beginning with ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK in 1980 and including HALLOWEEN II & III, CHRISTINE, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, THEY LIVE and PRINCE OF DARKNESS and Alan has scored many films on his own, including RETRIBUTION, HALLOWEEN 4 & 5, THE DENTIST, HEADLESS, BOO!, EVILUTION, BASEMENT JACK and most recently, HOUSE AT THE END OF THE DRIVE, BRUTAL and PROMISE.
BSX Records presents ALAN HOWARTH LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD THEATER, featuring music composed and performed by Alan Howarth, recorded live at the Hollywood Theater on October 1st, 2014, edited and mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland, with notes by author Randall Larson.
ALAN HOWARTH LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD THEATER includes music from ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, THE LOST EMPIRE, HALLOWEEN II, THE THING, HALLOWEEN III, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, THEY LIVE, PRINCE OF DARKNESS, RETRIBUTION and HALLOWEEN 4.
1. TV Message/Main Title (They Live/Halloween III) (2:51)
2. Chariots of Pumpkins (Halloween III) (3:28)
3. Main Title (Escape From New York) (3:21)
4. Christine Attacks/Main Title (Christine/Halloween II) (2:59)
5. Haddonfield Streets (Halloween II) (4:05)
6. Airport Abduction (Big Trouble In Little China) (2:18)
7. Wing Kong White Tiger (Big Trouble In Little China) (3:06)
8. Team Assembly (Prince of Darkness) (2:55)
9. Coming To L.A. (They Live) (2:02)
10. The Thing (The Thing) (2:05)
11. The Return (Halloween 4) (2:04)
12. Halloween Suite (4:43)
13. The Lost Empire (The Lost Empire) (1:59)
14. Assault on Precinct 13 (Assault on Precinct 13) (1:10)
15. Retribution (Retribution) (1:44)
16. Bank Robbery (Escape From New York) (4:33)
Total Time 45:33
ALAN HOWARTH LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD THEATER is a limited edition release of 500 units.