Quartet Records, in collaboration with GDM, presents a 50th-anniversary remastered edition of the cult-classic score by Ennio Morricone (THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY; SACCO E VANZETTI; NOVECENTO; THE MISSION;
CINEMA PARADISO) for Dario Argento’s 1971 giallo THE CAT O’NINE TAILS (IL GATTO A NOVE CODE), starring
James Franciscus, Karl Malden and Catherine Spaak.
The film is about a newspaper reporter and a retired, blind journalist who try to solve a series of killings connected to a pharmaceutical company’s top-secret experimental research projects; in doing so they become targets of the killer.
Ennio Morricone can be considered the inventor of the giallo sound, as he was the inventor of the Spaghetti Western sound or the political-cinema sound. For The Cat o’ Nine Tails, Morricone demonstrated his uncanny ability to range from melodies of exquisite, lyrical beauty to some of the most uncompromising and alienating avant-garde sound experimentation ever heard in film.
This anniversary edition, produced by Claudio Fuiano and Dániel Winkler, has been completely rebuilt and mastered
by Chris Malone from first-generation master tapes. The full-color booklet includes in-depth liner notes by Jeff Bond.
1. Ninna nanna in blu (Titoli) (2:37)
2. 1970 (8:39)
3. Sottintesi (2:18)
4. Parabola dal paradosso (2:56)
5. Paranoia prima (3:19)
6. Paranoia seconda (1:29)
7. Dissociazione (2:43)
8. Dissociazione seconda (3:01)
9. Passeggiata notturna (Film Version) (5:38)
10. Metafora finale (2:31)
11. Placcaggio (2:33)
12. Passeggiata notturna (Alternate) (3:41)
13. Placcaggio (Alternate) (2:32)
14. Il gatto a nove code (12:29)
15. Ninna nanna in blu (Single Version) (2:46)
16. Placcaggio (Single Version) (3:19)
17. Il gatto a nove code (Suite) (8:16)
Total Disc Time: 71:29
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION OF 500 UNITS